Chapter 34- No

I took the box, and set it on a chair. I opened it and realized it was a bunch of my mom's old things.

"In case you couldn't tell, those are your mom's things, her cap and gowns, from highschool and university, some photo albums, old clothes. Some jewelry too, but that's about it. That's all I kept, it's yours if you want it."

I just nodded and pulled out a photo album, it was photos of her in highschool and in college. Another one was of me, all my baby photos.

"You don't want any of these?"

"Not really I have no use for them."

Being told he has no use for any of your baby photos, hasn't mentioned you for the past 7 years, and doesn't care one bit. Great.

"Yeah okay."

I took out a necklace, it had a little butterfly and it was gold, and had a little black initial with a V. I put it on, I didn't want to get emotional in front of a man I'm not even close to anymore. I just placed the box by the door, and sat in the chair.

"You have questions."

"Even though this might hurt me, what's the real reason you left me?"

"Like I said , I wanted you to be with your biological mom, to get to know her."

"After I was born, a fight between you all, ended up with my mom, the one who raised me, in the hospital and a restraining order against my aunt."

"I wanna make you an offer."

"This sounds like we're making an illegal deal."

"I'm part of the law, I don't make illegal deals."

"Shocker, you sure you're not a dirty cop, at this point I would not be surprised."

"Anyway, how long are you still in LA?"

"I don't know, I think June."

"So how does it work right now?"

"That's none of your business."

"So how about he goes to work right now, he's an actor, so i'm assuming he's filming right now."

"No, we're just in LA for no reason, yes he's filming."

"So how about when he films, you can come over."

"Correct me if i'm wrong, but you're a detective, and this is LA, what type of detective are you? Because usually they don't have time for family very often, let alone a daughter that you haven't paid attention to for 7 years."

"I mostly investigate homicide."

"Well that explains a lot to be honest."

"Also about the time, i'll take some time off."

"No don't, I don't want to."

"It would be a good time to get to know each other again."

"No, absolutely not."

Then I remembered I had to text my dad, so I asked where the bathroom was and I left the room. Then I called my dad, because I kinda just wanted to leave.

"Hey is everything good?"

"Kinda, can you just pick me up in 15 minutes?"

"Yep, im been lurking around the area, not to be creepy but because I don't trust him. I'll text you in 15 minutes to be outside."

"Thank you."

I hung up and went back out to see Dylan outside the door.

"So if we share the same dad, do we share the same mom?"