Chapter 24- Great, Another Fucking Talk

✨Hope's Pov✨

I didn't even make eye contact, why- I just, he just got back, so what the fuck.

I went to the room, and gathered all my stuff. I went back with my duffle bags, and backpack. I said bye to my grandparents, and my father and I went to the car. I put my things in the trunk, and went to the passenger seat.

I haven't looked at him, and now he's growing suspicious. Fuck. He started the car, and we drove in silence.

When we got home, I took my stuff outta the trunk, and when I got inside basically try to run to my room.

"Nope, I want you back over here right after you leave your stuff in your room, I wanna talk to you."

It was worth a shot, I put my stuff by my desk, and went back to the living room. He was sitting there looking at me, basically expecting me to talk.

I honestly just didn't wanna look at him, because I was scared I would see it again. I sat down on the other end of the couch.

"Hope, are you mad at me? Or what's wrong? You won't even look at me."

"Reasons."

"Okay talk, because what happened over there wasn't exactly expected, and I'm still clueless as to why it happened, come on talk to me."

"Just- I just."

"You just?"

"You know that dream that I have, more like nightmare of my parents the day of the car crash?"

"You had it again?" The face he had he tried to piece together why I had a mental breakdown when I saw him.

"Actually, no, what I had was you replaced my parents, and I saw you as a lifeless body with pale eyes. So when I saw you again, I just saw you dead."

"Which is why you're not looking at me."

"Bingo." Okay next step, how do I leave? Or who is gonna start talking, I haven't dealt with emotions in a while, pfft it's been like 2 weeks. I don't remember. I've been crying a lot because of Marvel, but ya know it's fine.

"Hope, look at me."

I didn't want to. I didn't want to at all, I didn't wanna see that again.

"Look at me, hey I'm still here. I'm still here alive and thriving for the most part. Ya know having a bit of a back pain, but for the most part I'm good."

"Because you're about to turn 40 my dude, ya oldie."

"Hey we don't talk about that."

"Yes we do, you were born 1981, which by the way is 40 years ago."

"So how long until you move out?"

"Well I'm 16, turning 17, so give it a little over a year."

"I'm still gonna have to deal with you for a year, wow."

"Be grateful that you didn't have to be stuck with me for longer, even tho I'm delightful."

"Okay for being the young one here, you sure as hell sounded like the 40 year old."

"Hey don't hate on me just because I have more vocabulary words than you, stop being jealous."

During this whole exchange I haven't looked, but I finally decided to look up. Hey there he is, alive and thriving just like he said.

I went to go give him a hug. "No offense but you're here to early."

"Ya know a 'dad I missed you' couldn't have hurt."

"It would've hurt my dignity."

"Okay well I'm leaving in a little bit over a week again."

"Why?"

"To go back, except this time you're going with me. And also we need to get covid tested."

"Gross, it feels like they violate your nose."

"Tell me about it."

"Also, why am I going? I thought you didn't want me to be stuck in a hotel room?"

"I told Scott that you weren't coming because he said well now I get to spend time with my niece, and that's when I told him, and he basically said 'if you don't bring here, I'm gonna kill you' so I'm taking you because I want to live."

"Awh, look how the tables have turned, it's now the little brother threatening the older one."

"You're making me rethink my decision."

"Rude."

"Question."

"Maybe answer?"

"When did your mind fuck with you?"

"When did I have the nightmare?"

"Yeah."

"This morning, I woke up like at 4 am, coped by watching all of Wandavision again."

"I need to actually sit down and watch that, meanwhile you watched it I was mainly on my phone doing stuff or not entirely present."

"If you choose to watch it, tell me I will rewatch it for like the 5th time."

"Yes, I'll watch it sooner or later."

I just nodded. I haven't eaten breakfast yet, and since there is food in the refrigerator still, I shall make something.

Like eggs, or something I don't know. I found things to make a sandwich, so I made a sandwich.

Do I just- I'm very confused on what I'm supposed to do. Dodger is just chilling, he doesn't care.

I just decided to go sit next to him. I turned on the TV and decided why not just watch a movie with my father in it. Which is decided to watch Captain America Civil War, because why not.

"Hey did you watch Falcon and the Winter Soldier?"

"Yep! Why?"

"Did Sebastian and Mackie do a good job?"

"Yes yes, they did well, bucky is relatable."

Lying at therapy and then getting annoyed/frustrated at writing. It's just relatable.

"I should probably watch it."

"I mean probably, but ya didn't watch wandavision, so why would you watch this? Is it favoritism?"

"No it's not, just me being bias."

"Wow- wow, anyway I miss Tony."

"Oh yeah I forgot, you're not bias and captain america is not your favorite."

"We've been over this, I just didn't like his arc, okay."

"Still can be your favorite."

"Nah."

Rest of the day was him asking how was it when he was gone, and me asking when he's gonna leave again, lovingly of course.

Even tho I'm going with him this time. Spending time with Uncle Superior, and his boyfriend, so much fun.