Chapter 53: Invite

Our engagement announcements got to every single person intended. We received congratulations from everyone other lord and all Kage's. The Kage's all sending they respects and well wishes. Lady Mei personally send a note hinting I should maybe introduce her to someone then made it a joke saying all men are scared of women in power.

Lord Hyakkimaru sent bottles of sake in behalf of the Latin clan as a congratulations, my cousins sent personal letters saying they were ready to party and wondered if the Hidden Leaf can could really keep up with them. 

Shisui was starting to get overwhelmed with all the extra formal steps we had to take due to my position, we were with the tailors looking at fabrics and ideas for his formal kimono, Mikoto San accompanying us to make sure the attire was respectfully represented in all Uchiha glory. "We don't have to go that far with mine, the main focus either way is going to be on you." He looked my way as the ladies tighten and pulled the fabric around him. The ladies, Mikoto and I shook our heads, he had no idea. "Child it's only fitting for the groom of Lady Yumi to be at his best dressed." Her eyes crinkled as she smiled at him, "Clan Royalty to Clan Royalty." She whispered and patted his cheek. His cheeks flushed at those words, "Oh and your clan symbol is going to look just beautiful on your back." Another middle aged lady said making his back turn to me. "It'll soon be your symbol Lady Yumi." Mikoto San smiled over to me with a tease, at this Shisui turned. "She's secretly always wanted it since she was in the academy." He said making the ladies laugh.

We were walking home, having one thing crossed out from our long list of to do. We both felt Itachi approaching but he seemed a little off. Appearing suddenly in front of us, "Lady Tsunade is asking for both of your presents." Shisui and I took a look at each other my stomach turning. Without a word of confirmation we headed to the hokage office, I walked in without knocking. "What's going on?" I asked as Shizune and her looked down at a very formal scroll. Glossy red from the outside, I could see a gold stamp at the very end. Shisui's eyes watched intensely internally gathering what he could.

Aunt Tsunade looked up at Shisui then me, "The lord of Fire." She paused a little to gain our full attention, "Would like to officially make you a designated high lord of the Uchiha." Shisui widen a little as he tried to contain his shock, Aunt Tsunade looked down at the scroll.

"Lady Tsunade, following Lady Yumi's soon to be marriage the court's finds it only necessary for Shisui Uchiha to become a high lord of the Uchiha's. Having now 2 official Lords within the Uchiha's. We feel this is much needed due to Lady Yumi's title and position. Being no proper royal heir has ever been properly appointed within the Uchiha clan we feel this move is to be made to have both the Leaf Village and Capital at ease when both parties are to look for a set system of head individuals. Appointed set justice system and off branches will remain the same. We make this move as we think of our community's, our country and their futures. We will send word to respectful parties Lord Fugaku and Shisui Uchiha.

Lady Yumi, Lady Kari and as for you Lady Tsunade will never lose titles and positions. And with this we will do what we feel is demable to keep these respectful tiles and positions."

My stomach turned for Shisui, I felt like something like this could happen. "How the Lord of Fire is making this sound is he finally wants a face and family to be properly appointed to the Uchiha clan. Have the sense of direction and system with the Uchiha's, and well since theirs fewer Senju's its only logical to have the other clan reign." Shisui looked ahead thinking this over and over his head. Aunt Tsunade sighed knowing this could over turn serval in the Uchiha clan. "I, don't know." Shisui whispered, "I mean I understand but the elders of our clan may feel threatened by this." He looked back at me and I looked back worried. Reaching foe my arm he squeezed it and smiled assuring me. "I need to speak with my uncle about this. I feel this could be taken quite differently." I held my breath, the last thing I wanted was problems to begin within the Uchiha clan because of our marriage.

It was easy for the lord of Fire to sign a paper and send it off with orders but the effects it could have could be consequential. "I agree," Aunt Tsuande nodded. "I don't want you to be placed into a position such as this. Come back with me with Fugaku, we'll talk about this." Shisui nodded shifting his body, "Not a word to anyone!" Aunt Tsuande's stern voice put him to a halt. Both of us nodding in agreement, I looked over at Shisui smiling trying to encourage him. "I be back."

The 3 of us watched him flash out, I sighed. My gut hard as stone from the anxiety the Lord of Fire put us in. I looked down at her desk she had another 2 scrolls unwrap, seal from the Hidden Sand Village. "What are these?" I asked turning them over, Aunt Tsunade grabbed one. "This ones ours the formal one from the Kazekage. The other ones for Naruto from Gaara," I was a little surprised they had gotten this close. They had started sending letters after the attack of the village and soon became friends, apparently they've met up a couple of time on the border to do missions for some bandits that were around the area at times. And just like that I felt Naruto's presents barging in with Sasuke and Sai, we watched the door as he let himself in. "Hey! Don't be reading my stuff Granny Tsunade!" He grinned as he walked up to the desk to grab his scroll, Sasuke looked annoyed and Sai was just going with the flow. Aunt Tsunade rolled her eyes waving him off as she opened hers. I couldn't help but look over Naruto's shoulder to read, my mouth hung open as I read into it making Sasuke creep over discreetly trying to read.

"Your being invited to his birthday dinner?" Aunt Tsunade looked up from her scroll, his face beamed with sunshine. "Alright! He did mention he wanted to formally invite me over. Granny Tsunade, Yumi and Kari you're all invited too! He says I can even bring the whole group!" My face scrunched at this, "Are you sure?" I asked taking the scroll to read it over. "Sasuke! Sai! Wanna go?!" Naruto asked happily, "Naruto! You have to think! I need Shinobi here in case of an emergency!" "What are you guys talking about?" Kari and Sakura asked barging in, over hearing some of the conversation. "I'm formally invited to Gaara's birthday dinner! Granny Tsunade, Yumi and you Kari!" Kari's whole aura started beaming in excitement, "And! He said I could even take the whole group!" Aunt Tsunade's forehead twitched aggravated how Naruto just made all these invitations without thinking things over.

"Naruto!" What did I just tell you! Aunt Tsunade slammed her fist giving all the attention to her.