Chapter 49: Orrochimaru

"Lady Yumi, you know it dangerous for you to travel right now. You've became a target for the Akatsuki." I turned to look back and it was Orrochimaru. He had his sicking tongue out, with a perverted smile on.

We had managed to get to the forrest outside of the Hidden Sound where Orrochimaru's hideout was. Not even 5 minutes in he showed up.

"Tell me Orrochimaru! Why?!" I spoke to him attempting to keep composure, my fist balling, my heart started pumping, my senses sharpening. He laughed and shook his head. "Your a smart girl, you have a good idea don't you?!" He stared me down, I sensed Kakashi getting closer to me but also sensing out our surroundings. "Its the DNA you carry, and since you can now do wood style release. In a attempted to create full recovery rate a sample of you is required. The Akatsuki could also use you if they attempt to summon the 10 tails." 10 tails? Theres a 10 tails? "You may have similar DNA as Hashirama so there's a good possibility. Why don't you come with me? I'll help you be at your full potential, I'll protect you from the Akastsuki. For a price though." He smiled all through out, his eye filled with hunger, hunger for power.

BOOM! We felt the ground shake, the entrance of his hide out was crumbling in. He was blowing it up, "Sorry but I don't want others going and stealing my work. The Akatsuki has been such a nuisance haven't they? But a word of advise you have a traitor among the village and I think they pertain to the Uchiha clan, be careful." He laughed on like this was nothing, my heart was in my throat. Could one of them really be involved? Was it more than one person? Who? "Orrochimaru you'll be coming with us." Kakashi said taking a step forward in front of me. He started laughed at him, "You can't even say that with confidence. Kakashi for being in your new position you'll need more. Just look at Yumi, helping Tsuande and becoming a great lead for the Hidden Leaf." How does he know all this?

We jumped at him from different directions, but as he was almost at our grasp as white snake swallows him whole right under him. I pulled my chakra and focused in it in my fist, it went high and I dropped it with all I had to the ground where he was. "Damm it!" I knew he was gone, how only he knew. I stared at the ground, fist balled over thinking what he said. Hey was here at our hands. He has to be messing with me, us. But that tiny splinter of doubt was now pierced deep. "Yumi, let's go. We'll meet team 9, the more protection for you now the better." I looked over at him, he was a few steps away in the crater I created. My mouth hung open unable to speak, "Umm, yea." I knew I had to move but I couldn't, my eyes went down to the ground. No, what am I doing?! Focus Senju! I looked back up at Kakashi, "Lead the way." I said as I gulped, he nodded turning him back to me and started walking.

I could only stare at his back, I paid no attention to the direction we went. After a while my thought kept eating at me and betraying me. Does Shisui know something? Is he working for the Uchiha clan on a malicious plan? No he would never, he an honorable man. Where are my visions to tell me what's to come? "Kakashi?" I sounded like some stupid timid girl, he stopped and turned to me. "What do you thing of what Orrochimaru said?" I asked looking at him to give me the correct answer. "I'm not sure yet Yumi. He could be leading us away, we'll have to just investigate more." As he spoke I realized I seemed like some stupid preteen worried about some boy. I needed to slap myself out of this, but. "And what makes you think I need additional protect now? Per us going to meet team 9?" I asked, he blushed at my question. "I need to take what ever step necessarily to protect you now more than ever. I can't take any risk." And so their's that doubt now with him too. "Lets continue." I nodded to him, he nodded back and we were off again.

We soon met up with team 9 at a hotel, we were to stay the night and head back the next morning. "I'll stay with Tenten," Kakashi nodded. "We'll be across the hall, let me know if you need anything." Kakashi stared me on, he knew I couldn't stop thinking about what Orrochimaru said. I nodded on and smiled, "have a goodnight." I said as I turned, I walked in and Tenten was already getting ready for bed. She had taken a shower and was in her pajamas. Dinner was ordered and should be on the way, "Your still having dinner right?" I asked her, "Of course! I just want to be ready to sleep afterwards."

The next day we arrived at the village late afternoon, "I'll go speak with my aunt." I said to Kakashi as we walked in the gates. I walked ahead, "Hey." He spoke softly, "I'll go with you, I was placed in charge." He smiled to me, I nodded on, "Sorry Kakashi, you right." I signed, "You should actually be the one to report." I laughed at myself for getting ahead, we soon arrived and gave her a report. Telling her what all Orrochimaru told us, "Well him knowing Kakashi's now in his new position. Anyone could have easily found out. He could very well be bluffing, but knowing him he finds ways to get his information. He does give reason on why we're being targeted." We looked at each other and sighed, "Let me think this through. Thank you/" Aunt Tsuande gave us the cue this conversation was over. We bowed to her, "Have a goodnight, Yumi, Lady Tsuande." Kakashi bowed again, and left. I looked up at Aunt Tsunade, and confessed. "I keep thinking of Shisui, Itachi and the rest of the Uchiha clan. I don't want them targeted." I felt more vurnable as I spoke. She looked at me, arms crossed and lips tightly sealed. "You'll be fine, nothing has been proven. Plus Shisui is well Shisui. He'll always putting the village and you first." I smiled at her encouraging words. She's right, I have nothing to worry with Shishi. "Have you seen him?" I shook my head, "No not yet. I'll go look for him after I wash up." I said as I stretched out, shaking myself out.

"Lets go home." Aunt Tsuande started walking to the door, "Where's everyone at?" I asked as I walked beside her. "Already home, apparently Kari's been pretty tired due to her training. Shizune felt bad and went home with her. Naruto's still on a mission with Yamato and team 7."

We got home, Kari and Shizune were both passed out in the living room on the sofa's. Kari snoring away, and Shizune hugging Tonton tightly. Kari hadn't even taken a shower, dirt and sweat stuck to her clothes. At least they've eaten, they had take out containers on the kotatsu.

I took a shower and was changing when I head a knock at my door. "Yumi, Shisui's here." Aunt Tsunade said, "I'll be right out!" I hurried and got on some sports leggings and a sports bra, looking like I was ready for workout. He was waiting for me in the courtyard as I slid open the door. "Are you going on a run?" His face confused, I waved him off. "No, should I?" I said teasingly as I went up to him.

I looked up I into his dark eyes and all those unsure thoughts went away. "Maybe, you've been lagging." He said winking, I smiled and shook my head. "Is it okay with you if I spend the night?" I asked with a tease to my eyes. He chuckled a little, "You know you don't have a to ask." He said swinging an arm around me.

I got one of my backpacks and added clothes in, I had already accumulated other necessities at his house. I said goodbye to my aunt. Kari and Shizune were still passed out. We started walking Shisui huffed, "Here give me your backpack." Placing his hand out, I smiled up at him. "Aww what a gentleman," I took it off and gave it to him. "Yea, Yea." He said, "So how was the mission?" My eye went wide for a second as I looked ahead. "Not well." I said shaking my head and holding my breath, unable to look up at him. I felt him tease and watch me closely, trying to read me. I looked up at him finally, "I'll tell you at home." Nodding ahead, he nodded and with that he understood not to push it. "Wanna go grab something to eat?" He asked looking ahead, "Yea sure."

***"Damm it!" Shisui shouted in frustration as he grabbed his head. "How?! How?!" He asked Itachi, "First I thought at the Onsen, but now that I think about it, it's not a special place." Itachi hummed and nodded, "Only a placed we fucked, then I thought the graveyard in front of her parents tombstone, but it seems to grim for me now." Shisui explained, "What about at the temple? She's a firm follower, isn't she?" Itachi suggested, Shisui's head snapped up. "Hmmm?!"***