Chapter 58: Shisui's Letter

Yumi,

Sorry I haven't been able to write to you until now. I didn't want to be suspected of giving information out. Eyes are always on us, they have us leave some meetings and have us wait outside afraid we'll leak information. Its been a bit hard socially here but we've been sticking to ourselves, but enough about that. I hope you're doing well, you're name will come across sometimes. Its kind of as if your sprits here with me when I hear your name mentioned, sounds weird I know. I imagen right now your pretty busy and stressed over there, but I know how strong you are. You got this baby, the village is holding on strong because of you and everyone else back at home.

I've been drawn to the moon more right now on the nights I can't sleep remembering you know our moments together. I hope your do the same, write back KaiKai the crow will wait for a letter to bring me back. Love you, I hope this is all over soon so I can be at home with you. I'm sorry again I can't give you a wedding at this point but what I can give you is my ambition and unlimited amount of work to build our life's together. I love you my darling, be well.

Shisui

I could feel the tears falling silently, Shizune and Kari looked at me with worry in there eyes. I glanced up looking at both of them, "Sorry nothing bad. Just really missing him now." Giving the letter to them to read, taking a deep breath I searched for paper and a pen. My heart aching for him, where do I even start? I don't want to giving that much information on here, what if someone else reads it.

Shisui,

Hello my love! I'm glad your well. I pray to the Kami's always for your safety as well as everyone else's. Shisui I know your soul and heart and I know with your loyalty and dedication you'll show how you and Itachi can always be trusted. I trust you with all my heart as well as other, its a matter of time for them to realize what an asset all of you are to Konohagakure. I do have to say it's been stressful but your words just gave me what I needed to keep going. Its been hard though, with aunt Tsuande and master Jiraya but what can we do but give all we can on their recovery. And although I haven't been looking at the moon much I'll defiantly start to tonight until we're back together. If that is to be our only connection right now and these letters I'll savoir it all. I love you so much Shisui, I hope this is all over soon peacefully. The only things I crave more right now, are peace, and the endless love of being with you. I hope to hear from you soon my love, remember I love you.

With Love Yumi

Rolling up the scroll tightly and tighting it, I then tyed it on the crow. "Thank you so much KaiKai, please be careful." I sung to it, the crow cocked its head and flew away. Shizune and Kari watched as the crow few out the window, "Are you gonna be looking at the moon now?" Kari teased making Shizune laugh, I chuckled at the question. "Yes!" Rolling my eyes as I folded the letter, I'll keep this on me. "If by any chance theirs a letter and I'm not back yet make sure to write to him and let him know my whereabouts." Instructing the both of them, "Got it boss." Kari nodded, "Yo Kari!" Naruto sung at the door with Sasuke, "Oh hey guys!" Naruto smiled at Shizune and I, "We're done with our tasks. We're gonna go do some racing, wanna go?" Naruto asking Kari, "Racing?" I asked, "Yea we're gonna be racing each other. To kind of get us distracted." He shrugged his shoulders, poor kids. They weren't use to this, Kari looked my way. "Can I?" She asked, nodding. "Of course," watching them as they left Naruto looked back at me. "Yumi wanna come?" A sweet smile lingered on this lips, looking at Shizune for an answer. "Go! It'll help you destress, plus I gotta know who beat whos ass." She smiled, I could feel my spirit lifting at this small event. "Get ready to get your asses whooped." Flipping my hair as I started walking towards them, "Yea right." Sasuke muttered rolling his eyes. "No justus's allowed," I looked at him. "Don't need them," he cockily said.

"Lady Yumi?!" Everyone sung as they saw me coming along with the group, "Hey guys!" Waving my hand to them, "Your joining?" I nodded, "I hope its okay with all of you?" I slightly bowed to the crowd, "Of course!" A couple of them sung as a couple of them blushed as I bowed, "Alright." Shikamaru sung, "The start of the race will be from the top of that hill, down this street, around this huge ass ruble and up the Hokage Rock from the western path. No jutsus's, no nothing, just pure strength and agility. Oh and no cheating!" Shikamaru looked around us, "I got a clone up there to know who won. We can stand on the ruble to get a good view." All of us nodding, "So whos first?" Choji asked, "Us!" Naruto sung jumping and pointing at himself and Sauske, "Your loss." Sauske rolled his eyes.

The boys descended the hill as we made our way to the ruble, we decided I would send out a small lightning above as the start signal. Putting my hand up I could feel the rush in my blood secretly rooting for Naruto. The group looked from me to the boys nervously, quickly the lightly bolt shot out and the boy leaped. Sauske taking the lead, our head's moved as the went running down and made the loop around us, Naruto started taking lead as they were on Hokage Rock. My heart beating waiting for Shikamaru to say the winner, "Sauske." Slumping my shoulders at the winner, "but by a hair." Naruto came back up with a pouty look on this face, "Tripped at the end or else I would of won." With his arms crossed and looked the other way, "What are you guys doing?" Kakashi and Guy leaping on to the ruble looking at all of us, "Racing. Wanna join?" Shikamaru asked, "Of course I do!" Guy grinned ear to ear, "Kakashi! My eternal rival are you willing to race this handsome devil?!" Kakashi thought about it for a second, "Sure!" He shrugged, Shikamaru gave them the rules them agreeing.

Kakashi and Guy waited for my signal, both of them looked like bulls ready to go. Quickly my lightening shot up and they jumped, landing on the hill half way. Guy made a move making him trip and take Kakashi with him making us all laugh. They got their footing and started back up, looping us and soon climbing the Hoakge Rock path, Kakashi did something losing his hand and slipping a good part. That made Guy scream, pulling him up and they kept going. "Guy just can't let anything happen to Kakashi!" Shaking my head at the scene, "Talk about bromance." Sakura commented. "Kakashi Sensei's the winner. Also by a hair." Shikamaru informed us, they caught up with us as soon as they were done. Both of them huffing and puffing since no chakra was used.

We did girls all together since it was fewer of us, "Are you sure of the embarrassment you'll receive Sakura?!" Ino teased, "The only embarrassing thing here is you thinking you have a chance!" Sakura made a fist at her, Kari rolled her eyes. "Ino, Sakura please lets just enjoy this?!" Hinata sweetly sung, "Kakashi has his hand up." Informing the girls, the 5 of us lined up. Positioning myself ready to go, as soon as that lighten struck we all jumped. The hill giving extra help as we ran down it, "You got this Sakura!" She cheered for herself, "Go, go, go!" Ino advised herself, their spirits made me chuckle. "What's so funny!?" Kari asked right behind me, "All of you!" I said taking the lead, looping around. Sakura took the lead from their, at the foot of Hokage Rock I smiled to myself. The training I had on here was gonna pay off, quickly climbing up hokage rocks rocky trail my agility was paying off. A jump, a grasp of some rocks and lifts, my head popped up being the first to see the top. Shikamaru's clone a few feet away, "No you don't!" Kari slightly pushed my shoulder, it was like she lit a match. My feet pushing and my arms swung, putting feet between us. Finally I tackled Shikamaru's body making him poof. "Ugggguuuuu!" The girls sung as they witnessed my win.

Walking home we couldn't stop laughing, all the boy had done a race together. Kiba tripped into Neji, Kiba pulling Neji's hair. On the Hokage rock path some how Naruto and Sauske slipped and Naruto was dangling by Sauske shirt. Kari and I wiping our eyes from the tears of laughter, " I needed that." I shook my head, "We all needed that, for Kakashi Sensei and Guy Sensei to join in." I nodded, "Poor guys."

***Shisui saw KaiKai coming back, gently landing on his arm. Noticing the scroll he gently untied it and unraveled it. His stomach gushing at Yumi's words in her letter. Itachi glanced eyeing the letter knowing who the writer was. Shisui sighed folding the letter and storing it in his pocket, "I'll be back." Shisui mumbled looking ahead, with a quick hop and jump he climbed the roof of the building they were occupying's. The sun settling by now he anticipated as he watched the sky for the moon.

Yumi was combing her hair just getting out of the shower, sighing she looked at the window. It was just now getting dark, with a knot in her throat she placed her shoes on and walked outside. A jump and leap and she was on the roof of one of the buildings Yamato had made, making herself comfortable she tilled her head up seeing the moon. Silently she cried watching the moon as her heart yearned for Shisui.***

Authors notes: I don't know why but I got sooooo emotional writing this!! Like legit watery eyes! 😭😭😭