'Family' Reunion

Chapter 31

*Scarlett's POV*

So we finally arrived at Katelynne's house. Its 4:45 pm when we get there. Outside were two little boys playing basketball.

I remembered one that snapped at me at the park the other day. What was his name? Lou? Rick?

"Dad's home Liam!" the littler one said to the old one, Liam.

Dad parked the car and got out of the car. The little one ran up to Kellin and hugged him. My dad hugged him back and smiled.

"Hey kiddo! Where's your mom?" He asked the little one.

"She's inside with Copeland. You wanna play basketball with me and Liam?" the little one asked.

"Maybe at the party Rowan. Maybe my daughter would like to play with you guys." Kellin said to the little one, Rowan.

Kellin looked over at me and waved for me to come toward them. My heart stopped beating. Why would he do this? I tried to tell him no but he gave me a look that said 'get over here now'. I gave him a annoyance look but got out of the car and over to them.

"Wait, so she's really our sister?" Rowan asked Kellin.

"Yea she is." Kellin said with pride. I blushes uncontrollably and looked at my shoes. He put his arm around my shoulder. I looked up at Kellin and he was smiling.

"Well that sucks." Liam mumbles in a low voice. I glare over to him and he looks over at me, smiling innocently. I don't think Kellin heard because he said nothing.

"Well, I'm going to see if your moms ready, okay?" Kellin says and walks inside the house.

I stood there awkwardly, staring at the ground. Then I felt little arms around my waist and looked to my side. It was little Rowan smiling up at me. I smile back at him. He looked really cute, his blue eyes sparkled in the light and his longish blond hair really suited him.

"I'm happy to meet you! Your really pretty." Rowan said and I blushed. I thought of how polite and sweet he was. He's okay, I thought to myself.

"Awe, thank you." I thank the little boy, smiling down at him.

"No problem! Do you wanna play basketball with me and my brother?" Rowan asks, pointing over at Liam.

"No! You don't have to. Girls suck at sports anyways, what makes her any better. She's jus a stupid girl!" Liam says.

My blood boiled. What gave him the power to talk about me like that! Especially Infront of my face like that! Girls could be just as good as guys can be!

"Excuse me but girls are just as good as guys in sports! Besides, you can't be any better than a girl." I spat back.

"Actually I bet I am better than you! Considering your a retarded, stupid little bit-" Liam started but was interrupted by a horn.

The three of us turn around and I see my savior. Vic and Mike had just arrived behind us. Their car had just parked when I decided I'd go in Vic's car.

"Well my ride is here. Bye Rowan." I say to Rowan and hug him. He hugs me back.

"Bye.. Wait what's your name?" He asks me.

"It's Scarlett." I say to him and smile. He smiles back at me.

"Okay bye Scarlett! We can play later right?" He asks as I start to walk away.

"Yea sure." I turn around to say. I start to walk backward and waved goodbye to Rowan.

I was walking away, towards Vic's car. I heard Liam in the distance "Bye Scarlett! It was nice to meet you!" I turn to see Liam's smug face, smirking.