Revealing the Truth

Chapter 24

*Scarlett's POV*

So I sat quietly while Kellin was talking. I wanted to ask so many questions but I needed to listen.

"Okay so um, by now your probably wondering why many people are telling you that your not my daughter." He stated the obvious.

"Well duh!" I spat at him. I didn't mean for it to sound like I was a little bitch but that's how it came out.

"Okay... so when I first met you, you were only five years old. You had opened the door when I knocked on it that day. Your mom called and asked if you guys could live with me. So I said yes because she was my best friend since I walked into her class in the middle of sophomore year. We kept in touched and eventually worked at the same job. Anyways I went to your house feel very happy because I was going to meet you. Then you opened the door and when you looked up at me, I swear I felt so happy to meet you. You looked very shy but u were very sassy." He stopped to laugh. "I knew right off that we were gonna be great friends."

Unwillingly, a question escaped my mouth. "But why would my mom ask you if we could move in with you? I mean, I had a dad didn't I?"

Kellin looked very hurt. I had to ask and find out though. His voice took on a serious tone afterwards.

"Scareltte, your dad...he was really...abusive towards you and your mom. That bastard would hit Carmon on a daily basis; she would show up ti work with burises all over her body. She always tried to cover them, but I knew they were there. I kept telling her she should leave his ass because she had you to look after."

I hadn't noticed that tears started roiling down my face. In a horsely voice, I asked him, "But why would my dad hurt me and my mom?"

"Josh, your dad, was the jealous type. He had this crazy, stupid idea that Carmon and I had a thing before and that you were my daughter. He thought we would screw around during work. But your mom would explain that there was nothing between us, time after time." Kellin said.

I felt my eyes to become more watery but I had to blink them away. Vic, who still sat next to me, gave my hand a reassuring squeeze as if to say everything was going to be okay. But I knew my life would never be the same.

"So.. He would hit me as well.?" I asked. I was afraid of the answer that would come.
"Yes, your father would beat you while your mother was away or when you went to visit him." Kellin told me, while trying to sound brave for both of us, but had failed.

By now I was already balling my eyes out. Kellin sat me on his lap, rubbing my back so I would calm down, while I cried even more into his shirt. Vic was trying his best not to cry but failed and was now saying things to me like "your gunna be okay," and "we're here for you." I didn't feel anything but sadness, guilt and anger.

"Scarlett, I'm sorry I didn't tell you anything and this was the way you had to find out." Kellin told me while crying.

I was just so speechless. I didn't know what to do. My life will never be the same.

(A/N) HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! Lol anyways thanks for reading and u no sticking with this story... Hope everyone has a nice and SAFE Halloween... This will be continued in the next chapter so I did a cliff hanger lol... Comment, vote and tell a friend... Peace ✌