Feeling Relief

Chapter 20

*Scarlett's POV*

I was running away from everything. Just when I needed to get away from the world, it finds it's way back to me. I can't believe he's not my dad! I always thought he was. And he always said he was. Did I have no dad at all then? I can't remember anything of my childhood other than being with Kellin my entire life. How was he not my dad!

My thoughts were interrupted when I knock into someone. Nice going retard, I thought to myself.

The person fell on top of me and had fairly long hair. I soon realized it was a boy. This situation just got awkward.

"Holy shit, I'm soo sorry. I should've seen where I was riding." The boy said and got off and helped me up.

"Oh it's fine. I wasn't looking where I running anyway. It's not your fault." I told him. His skateboard was next to me so I handed back to him.

"Well I still feel bad. Are you okay?" he asked. He took the skateboard with a worried look.

"Yea I'm fine." I said, giving him an reassuring look.

"Okay that's good." he said with a smile.

I noticed he had brown eyes. He was fairly tan and pretty tall. His hair was black and fairly long as I noticed earlier. He was wearing an Anthem Made shirt that said "Make Friends Not War", black skinny jeans and white converse. He didn't look half bad.

"Oh my name is Scarlett by the way." I said

"Nice to meet you Scarlett," he said and shook my hand, "my name is Jayden."

"Nice to meet you Jayden." I said with a smile.

He seemed pretty cool, I thought to myself.

"So, why were you running?" he asked.

"Oh, just for you no, exercise." I lied.

"Really? Oh that's cool." He said

"Yea. Why are you here?" I asked. Not like I was trying to be noisy or anything but I was curious.

"Oh I just came to ride on my skateboard and think about stuff." he said and pointed at his skateboard.

"That's cool." I said and he smiled. His smile is so contagious, so I ended up smiling.

"So, you wanna walk around and talk?" he asked and I agreed.

Turns out he just moved here, San Francisco, from Michigan. He has three younger siblings and one older sister. He was 13 just like me and Xavier. He was home schooled because of bullying but he's gunna go to the same school as me at the end of summer. He was really cool and funny.

"So, who do you live with?" he asked me.

"Oh, well I live with my dad and his friends." I told him. As much as I wanted to say something different, I couldn't.

"Oh cool." He said and that's when I saw Xavier. He ran up to me and Jayden.

"Scarlett are you okay? I've been looking everywhere for you and who's this?" he asked

"Yea X I'm fine. This is Jayden. Jayden this is my best friend Xavier. Jayden is new here." I introduced Jayden to Xavier.

"Nice to meet you, Jayden" Xavier said and they both shook hands.

"Yea you too dude." Jayden said and looked back at me.

"Hey, I better get going. My mom is probably wondering where the heck I'm at. Ill text you later?" he said