My step dad is Kellin Quinn

Prologue

-8 years ago-

* Scarlett's POV*

I sat there, in the living room, as I heard my mom and dad fighting. They've been fighting for 5 days straight and I still don't know why. I think it has something to do with work but then again, I could be wrong.

"You are such a lying hoe!!" screamed my dad, Josh.

"I'm not lying Josh!! Do u think I would do something that bad even when we have a child and have been together for 6 years?!?!" spat my mom, Carmon.

I was getting scared so I ran to my room and started to play with my dolls.

"She's 5 years old Josh!!! You just send her away!!" screamed my mom.

Daddy wanted to send me away? But why? What did I do now?

"It's either that or u can get out of my house with your stupid daughter!!" said my father.

There was a silence. Was mommy really thinking of sending me away? I was about to cry when my mom came into my room. Her beautiful blue eyes now really puffy from her crying, her long, blond hair all messed up, bags under her eyes. She looked like a zombie.

"Scarlet, honey.. We are going to visit a friend of mine, so I need to pack all your things okay? We are going to stay with my friend for a bit, okay." said my mom. So I did as I was told until I heard the doorbell ring. I got out of my room and went down stairs. When i went toward the door, I saw a tall guy with long hair, a leather jacket, red short sleeve shirt. Some tight jeans and wearing some nice black shoes.

"Hello, are you Scarlett?" said the tall guy.

I nodded my head slowly, not really sure who the heck this guy was.

"Well my name is Kellin and I'm your mom's friend. It's nice to meet you." said Kellin and he took out his hand so I could shake it. And I did

There was a awkward silence until my mom comes into the room.

"Hey are you okay?" Kellin asked, with worried eyes.

"Yeah, I'm fine," my mom lied "can you help me with my stuff please?" she asked him. He nodded and helped her with her stuff.

Then I went upstairs and got my stuff and then came downstairs and went out the door into Kellin's car. He helped my put my seatbelt on and then helped my mom get the rest of the stuff. After what seems like forever, we finally left and went to Kellin's house.