Meet My "New Family"

Chapter 34

*Scarlett's POV*

After about an hour of unpacking, wondering around my room, and procrastinating, I came out of my room. I felt a little out of place here and different. That's when Kellin came out of a room with the little baby girl. What was her name, I thought to myself. Kellin was talking to the baby

"You ready to go play outside, Cope?" Kellin asks the small child, smiling.

"Yea!" the baby says, laughing as if he said something funny.

That's when Kellin looks over at me and smiles even more. I smile back at him as he puts the little girl on the floor. She then looks over at me and smiles. Running over to me and hugs my legs.

"Hi!" The girl, I'm guessing her name is Cope, excitedly says.

"Well hello there." I say with a laugh.

She then smiles and starts to climb on me. At first I have no idea what is happening. I feel very uncomfortable and stupid, for not knowing what was going on. Then she started saying "up, up!" That's when I realized that she wanted to be carried. Obviously retard, I thought to myself.

I carried her and then she smiled and I smiled. She looked so much like Kellin. She had the same eyes and face features. She had his smile and everything about her just reminded me of Kellin.

"Copeland this is your sister, Scarlett. Scarlett this is your younger sister, Copeland." Kellin said as he approached me and Copeland.

"Sister! I wuv you." Copeland said, planting a sloppy kiss on my cheek. I laughed and smiled at Kellin's clone. It must be nice to actually have something in common with your actual dad, I thought to myself.

"Awe she's so adorable." I said. Yes, I realize I didn't say I loved her back but it's going to take time when I can actually say 'I love you' to someone and actually mean it.

"Yea, she is and so is my other beautiful, precious daughter." Kellin said and put his arm around my shoulder. I blushed and Copeland smiled.

I felt like crying again. I wasn't his daughter, voices told me. We weren't blood related, so what made us a family? I thought about this since he told me about my "real dad" and honestly I hated this.

"Daddy outside." Copeland said, snapping out of my thoughts.

"Okay come here sweetheart." Kellin said and I handed Copeland to Kellin.

The moment I let go of her and she's in Kellin's arms, something hits me hard. I get very sad and emotional all of something. I turn my head around so Kellin doesn't see my eyes that begin to water. This unknown feeling I have, it's hard to explain. I'm feeling sad and angry at myself, yet I have no idea why.

"Hey Scar, are you okay?" Kellin asks, worried in his tone.

I take in a deep breath and nod. I quickly wipe my tears and turn toward him, flashing a fake smile.

"Yup." I say, popping the "p". I think Kellin buys it because he just smiles and nods.

I'm about to go back to my new room when I feel Kellin's hand on my shoulder. I turn to look up at him and I can tell he's not buying my act.

"Why don't you come outside with Copeland and I." Kellin says.

At first I honestly don't wanna go outside. Don't get me wrong I love playing outside, its like my little getaway, but right now I don't really feel like it. I just wanna hide in my room and cry forever.