Around the Venue

Chapter 39

*Scarlett's POV*

So I'm waiting for Jayden by the gates of Warped. I gotta say, I'm kinda nervous and excited.

Nervous because I'm here with Jayden and excited because I'm finally at Warped. I can't believe this is actually happening. I'll be able to listen to my favorite bands live all day with my little school girl crush.

I felt someone tap my shoulder that snapped me out of my thoughts. I turned around and saw it was Jayden.

"Hey Jay." I say, smiling at him.

"Hey Scar, I'm so glad that you were able to come with me." Jayden says, smiling and pulling me into a hug.

I hug him back and then pull away.

"No well thank you for inviting me. It's really sweet of you." I say with a smile.

"Well it's the least I could do for my only cool friend here." He says, nudging me a little.

"Well I am pretty cool." I joke.

"Yea pretty and cool." Jayden says, smirking at me.

"Shut up." I laugh and blush furiously.

"It's true though. I can not tell a lie or not give a compliment when you obviously deserve them." Jayden says smiling.

"Okay you need to stop doing that." I laugh and blush even more.

"What? Telling the truth?" Jayden says, laughing.

"Whatever. Let's go already, yea?" I ask.

"Yea lets go."Jayden says and we walk through the gates inside Warped.

I gotta say, it was pretty amazing walking around. I never thought it'd be as amazing as everyone said. Music is playing in the background. Merch workers were trying to get kids to over to their tent. Sprinklers were going off and on. It really wasn't that bad.

I checked my phone and it was 11:30. It was pretty early I would say. I looked over at Jayden, who was already looking at me.

"What?" I asked, blushing and laughing a little.

"Nothing I was just.. Nevermind.. What bands were you planning to see?" He asks, get redder by the second.

"I really wanted to check out Pierce the Veil and Black Veil Brides," I said, smiling at him, "how about you?"

"I wanted to see Sleeping with Sirens and Of Mice & Men." He said, smiling back at me.

"Alright, let's go check out when they play." I said and we start to walk over to the band setlist.

"So, have you ever been at Warped?" I asked him.

"Yea a couple times in Michigan. How about you?" He asks.

"No, this is actually my first time coming to Warped." I say, looking at my shoes.

"Oh wow really? I'm glad I could be here for your first Warped Tour experience." He said, smiling at me.

"I'm glad to be here with such an expert then." I said, laughing at how stupid that sounded.

"Awe you think I'm an expert. You're so cute." He said, poking my cheek as we get to the band setlist.

"No I'm not shut up," I say, giggling at him, "anyways it looks like Of Mice & Men play in a little bit and then Pierce the Veil plays. And then later on Sleeping with Sirens start around the same time Black Veil Brides plays. So if you want, we can watch Sleeping with Sirens?" I say, turning back at him.