The Coming of Truths

Chapter 23

*Vic's POV*

So I was going to try to go back to sleep considering that I was feeling pretty tired but Mike and Scarlett were already coming up so i might as well stay up. Well this has been a good Sunday morning, I tell myself.

Then I hear the door open, and I sit on the couch browsing through the channels and then looked up to see an upbeat Mike but a nervous looking Scarlett.

"Hey Scar," I say as I go up to her and give her a hug, "you okay?" I ask

"Um, yea I guess." She says simply and hugs me back tightly. I can already tell she was lying.

"Hey um Mike, can I talk to Scarlett alone for a bit?" I ask Mike giving him a 'leave now' look.

"Of course, I shall see u both when I wake up around 3 in the afternoon" Mike says with a smile and goes to his room. I smile and laugh quietly.

I sit back on the couch and pat a seat next to me so that Scarlett could sit next to me. She comes and sits next to me and I put my arm around her. She then lays her head on my shoulder and a little smile crept on my smile.

We sit there in silence, browsing through the channels to watch something. I can feel Scarlett squirm anxiously and I have this weird feeling something went down that was not suppose to.

"Hey Vic, I need to ask you something really important." Scarlett says after a long, awkward silence.

"Sure, what's up kiddo?" I tell her. She looks up at me with her hazel eyes with little hints of red do to the fact she had been crying.

"Is Kellin really my dad?" Scarlett asks me in a cracky voice as if she wore sore of talking and crying.

"Scarlett I don't th-" I start to say but then she gets off of my shoulder and turns completely around to look me straight in the eyes.

"Vic, is Kellin REALLY my dad?!" she says a little louder and harsh. Right now I started to feel as if I got punched in the stomach. I don't know if I should tell her everything. That Kellin isn't her real dad. That her original dad had abandoned her at the age of 5. And the tragic day that came two months later.

"Scarlett, please listen to me!" I pleaded for her to hear me out. It was no use because she was all ready in flames. The anger in her eyes made her brown, messy hair stand out. Her face looked so pissed off, I actually thought she was going to beat the living shit out of anyone who tell her something.

"What Vic?! What is really going on? I want the truth because I'm tired of all this bullshit! So Vic, tell me!" she shouted at me.

Just when I was about to tell Scarlett something, Kellin had emerged from my bedroom. He must have been overhearing our conversation. That little nosy ass, I tell myself.

"Scarlett, don't get mad at Vic. This is all my fault. Vic had nothing to do with this. He was just being a good friend keeping a dark dirty secret. If you should be mad at someone, it should be me." Kellin tells her and goes to hug her.

Scarlett is just standing there, confused. As if she didnt know to be sad or angry or have any feelings what so ever.

After a while, the three of us were sitting on the couch just in complete silence. I give Kellin the 'stop being a wuss and talk to her' look and he gives me the 'f u' look in return. I just smile and wink at him.

"Scarlett, if you want to talk about this... Just te-" Kellin says

"Are you my dad?" she ask before Kellin finishes his sentence.

"Alright, I'll talk. But remember I only did ALL of this because I love you." Kellin sighs and says.

This should be interesting, right?

(A/N) HELLO ALL!!! Sorry, school can be very hectic. Anyways I hope y'all like this and let me know what you think! I noticed how many reads I was getting and I would like to say.... OMFG THANK YOU GUYS SOOOO MUCHHHHHHHHHH!!! I'm a little bitch for not updated sooner but you guys still read my book!!! Thank you guys sooo freaking much! So as I always say.... Comment, vote and tell a friend bout this book and keep on reading!!! You guys are MY inspiration to keep on writing. So thanks like so freaking much. Peace ✌