Comfort

Chapter 9

*Vic's POV*
I was really nervous. Why did I say I would talk to Scarlett? I mean I don't regret helping my best friend but, I don't know what to say. She's a teenager. She's sensitive right now. If I say the wrong thing, she might hate me and her dad and never want to leave her room, I thought to myself.
I stopped myself from think about that when I got to her door.
•knock knock•
"GO AWAY!!!" yelled Scarlett.
"It's me Scarlett, Vic." I said. It was dead silent for a good minute but then then the door opened.
"Sorry, I thought you were Kellin." she said in a low voice.
"It's okay," I say "can I come in?"
"Oh, um yea sure." Scarlett says then let's me inside her room.
Her room was really cool. It was painted light grey and had black writing on it. Some were band names like Crown the Empire, blessthefall, Fall out Boys, We come as Romans, Pierce the Veil and Sleeping with Sirens. I smiled at the thought of my band in her room. Their were also quotes. One that caught my attention was a lyric. It said: the higher I get, the lower I sink. I can't drown my deamons, they know how to swim.
It was from "Can you feel my heart" by Bring me the Horizon. It was a really good song.
"So, what's up?" she asks
"Oh, I just wanted to make sure you were okay. You looked like weird when I saw you run in your room," I say " I mean not like weird I mean cause your not weird. Not that there's anything wrong with weird people." I say and Scarlett giggles.
Nice one dude, I say to myself and let out a small smile.
"Yeah, I guess. I was just scared, weirded out, pis-" she stopped then looked at me.
"I mean mad." She lied and I smiled. Scarlett sat on her king sized bed. Damn that bed is way to big for her, I thought to myself.
"You can curse it's okay. I won't tell your dad. What we say here stays here, I promise." I tell her and she smiles.
"Okay well I was pissed. I thought Kellin and my mom were happy together. But then I find out there's this other chick and he goes all crazy for her!" she said and I see a tears slip her eyes. I sit next to her and hug her.
"It's okay Scarlett. Your da-" I say but got interrupted by Scarlett
"You mean Kellin." She says so serious it scares me.
"Look I know your mad at him but he's still your dad." I say. Although that wasn't 100% true, he still acted like her dad.
"No, he's not my dad. My dad would never have cheated on my mom. Why would he do that anyway, Vic? Does he not like my mom or me?" she asks and she breaks down crying. I felt horrible and I sat her on my lap and hugged her, rubbing her back.
"No, Scarlett it's not like that at all. He loves you with all his heart. He would do anything for you. Trust me darling, it has nothing to do with you." I tell her and tried to calm her down.
"You mean everything to Kellin," I continue "and he would never try to hurt you. He would kill for you. Heck he would take a bullet for you! Because you are a special and beautiful girl. And don't you ever forget it. Trust me, darling you'll be okay." I sang the last part. I felt her smile and she looked up at me.
"Thanks Vic. That means alot!" she says and hugs me really tight.
"No problem, doll face." I tell her and smile.
"Now, why don't we go downstairs, get some tacos and watch tv?" I tell Scarlett and she smiles so bright, it seemed like a million stars.
"Let's go!" she says and runs out of the room yelling "CAN WE HAVE TACOS?!??? DAD PWEASE!!!!"
I smile and walk downstairs
"We said cheer her up, not make her want food." said Tony
"Dude shush! Free food!" Mike says and we laugh.

(A/N) Hello everyone! That was really was really nice of Vic right? He is super nice. (: anyways tell a friend about my friend, comment and vote. Peace✌