Hell Of A Meeting

Chapter 17

*Scarlett's POV*

As I pressed my phone to my ear, I felt the coolness it inflicted. With my eyes closed, I prayed he would answer. Right now, Xaiver was the only person I could talk to about what was going through my mind. He was the only person I wanted to be with right now.

On the third ring, my best friend picked up. My eyes fluttered opened.

"Scar?" His soft voice filled my right ear.

"Uh, hey." I said, a little sadly.

"Something wrong? You sound like you've been crying." I heard his voice begin to worry. I smiled a bit; he knew me so well and cared about me.

"No, not really. I need to talk to you right now. Meet me at the park in ten minutes?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure."

I hung up and turned towards the sink. My hand trembled to turn the handle. Cold water started flowing through the faucet; bowing my face down, I splashed the water on my face. It felt nice; as if it washed away my problems for just a split second. Drying my face with my shirt, I walked out the bathroom and into the living room. Kellin was telling Vic about the previous events and the reason we where here. Once he saw me, Kellin stopped talking and smiled at me. I just stared at him and walked towards the door.

"Sweetie, where are you go-" My dad's voice began questioning me, but I cut him off.

"Out." I shouted a little too roughly than I intended as I slammed the door behind me. Adjusting the collar of my jacket, I ran down the hall and into the elevator. I just needed to get away from it all for at least for a while.

Ten minutes later, I was heading towards our usual waiting place at the park, only to find Xavier already there. He smiled.

"Hey." He greeted kindly. I just nodded my head, still looking at the soft green grass beneath my feet. Xavier furrowed his eyebrows and asked what was wrong. It was a loaded question. The minute he asked me, I went off like a grenade and told him everything.

A good hour past, and my best friend and I were walking along the path of the park. Finishing my rant, I ended it with, "And that's when I went to the bathroom and called you; meeting you here without Kellin even knowing where I was going." I sighed, and looked over at Xaiver. He was already looking at me, with those hazel eyes I loved so much. They were filled with worry and compassion.

That's when I heard her. A familiar voice I wish I hadn't heard. My head whipped to the side opposite of my friend. I saw her, the woman who I had met the day before. But she wasn't alone. She was with two boys and a little girl. My heart sank as I started thinking the worst.

"What is it?" Xavier's confused voice asked me. I barely heard him though, as I started walking towards the woman. Fury built up inside me, although I didn't want it to. Katelynne was sitting on the bench, playing with a little girl that looked a lot like Kellin. The two boys had ran off towards the playground. I stepped out in front of her, Xaiver already a good three meters behind me. I hadn't realized I had been running. She looked up and smiled at me.

"Oh, hi. Your name's Scarlett right?" Her warm voice asked me. It only added more fuel to the fire.

"Who the hell are you?! Why did you come looking for my dad at my own house?!" I practically screamed at her. She looked a little taken back, and settled the little girl on top of her lap.

"Look, sweetie," she started, "I don't want to say anything until Kellin talks to you."

"Well, he hasn't, and he's not here, so you better start talking." I growled at her.

A look of annoyance washed over her face. "Please don't talk to me like that; especially not in front of my children." Xaiver had now appeared next to me, but I ignored him.

"You're children?" I laughed. "So you have children, and you're over here trying to find my dad? What are you, some sort of fucking whore?!" I was fumed with anger now. I didn't really meant to call her a whore, especially not in front of her kids, but it was just in the heat of the moment.

"Don't call my mom a whore!" A voice behind me shouted. I turned around to look at two little blond boys. The older one stepped out in front of the younger one and looked me dead in the eye.

"Well, why don't you tell you mom here what she was fucking doing looking for my dad, Kellin!" I screamed at the little kid.

"Your dad?" The kid shouted. Katelynne stood up and tried to hush the kid before he could say anything else, but she was too late. The next words that spilled out of the kid's mouth sent me in a state of shock.

"He's not your dad! Kellin's our dad; he's married to our mom! And just two years ago, he had our baby sister with her!" He pointed at Katelynne.

"Liam, please, don't say anything more." Katelynne's voice was firm and had a serious tone to it. Tears started rolling down my cheeks. It felt like my whole world was crashing down on me. My whole life had been a lie. Kellin wasn't my dad...he was theirs. My mom's words had been true. I heard Xaiver's voice.

"Scar..." He said softly. But I pushed him away and started running. Away from them, away from everybody, everything. I wanted to clear my head; a million thoughts were running inside of my mind. But one voice inside spoke out the most, with so much power. It was...laughing at me...screaming at me. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID! YOU PATHEIC LIITLE BITCH! YOU DESEVRE WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO YOU!!!

(A/N0 Hello guys! Hope you liked it. My friend helped me write this so this goes out to her!! I want to know what you guys think. SO tell a friend, comment, and vote. Peace ✌