Pinky Swear

Chapter 21

*Xavier's POV*

So I was walking with Jack while Scarlett and Mike were up in front goofing around. Jack and I had a few conversations while walking but now we just walked in silence. I was enjoying the silence but then Jack asked me something, really unbelievable.

"Hey Xavier, since when did you have a crush on Scarlett?" he asked

I just stared at him in shock.

"Umm, what are you talking about? We are only friends." I told him. This was true but I guess there was a tiny part of me that kinda liked her.

"Yea, sure. Come one dude I see the way you look at her like she's some goddess." He said with a laugh and I felt myself blush like crazy. "And you are always pretty happy to be around her. So I figured, hey maybe he likes her. So do you?" he asked

I didn't know what to say. I guess you can say I like Scarlett like alot but what if she doesn't like me. She only sees me as a friend. That would ruin our ENTIRE friendship. But could I trust Jack enough to tell him this? I hardly know him but he seemed pretty chill. So I guess it was okay to tell him.

"Well, I guess I kinda like her. But swear you will never, EVER, tell anyone! If you do, then there's no way in hell I could ever forgive you!" I told him in a serious way.

"Alright, I swear I would never tell another living soul about your little crush on Scarlett." he told

"Pinky swear?" I asked him holding up my pinky.

"Really? What are you, five?" he said with a chuckle.

"Yes! Now pinky swear." I said again. Jack held up his pinky and we did that pinky swear thingy. "I pinky swear" he told me. And then we let go of each others pinkies.

"Alright good. Now if she ever finds out, I'm never going to trust you EVER again. Got it?" I told him very seriously. He nodded and then that was it.

We found Scarlett and Mike and started to walk toward the car.

* Scarlett's POV*

"Well today was a pretty crazy day." I told everyone

"Yea it was, you know your gunna have to face your dad and Vic once we drop off Xavier and go to the house, right?" Mike told me

"Yea I know." I said sorta sadly. Honestly I didn't wanna go back to the Fuentes house. I know my dad or Kellin was going to blow up and I probably was going to blow up too. But I needed to know what was really happening. I needed to know why my life became this. And right now, Kellin is the only one that knows and would probably without being harsh.

We finally got back to the car and started to go toward Xavier's house.

There was no conversation. The ride was as silent as an early morning in the countryside.

I looked at my lap the whole car ride when all of a sudden I felt someone hand grab mine. I looked up and saw Xavier and he gave me a "your gunna be okay" look and smiled at me. I gave him a small smile and squeezed his hand.

We ended at Xavier's house and we parked infront of his house.

"Alright well I'll talk to you later, okay Scar?" Xavier told me and I nodded. He kissed my cheek and hugged me. I felt alittle better and smiled at him.

He got out of the car and went into his house.

"Aweee, someone's gotta boyfwiend!" Jack awed and I stuck out my tongue at him.

"Not if I have anything to say about it." Mike said and looked at me with a stern but silly look.

"Oh calm down Mikey! We're just friends." I told him

"Mhm, better be. Cause then I'm going to have a little talk with lover boy." Mike said and I chuckled.

We started to go back to the Fuentes house. Well I lived a full life, right?

(A/N) Hello all you wonderful people!! Sorry for not updating. Homework and teachers lol. But I decided to update so you can keep reading. I wanna say that today was pretty crazy. I pray for the 9/11 survivors and their families that passed. All my respect and prayers for you guys... This is a sad day but we solute everyone that helped. So yea, peace 🙏✌