Band Audition

Chapter 35

*Kellin's POV*

So today I have a meeting with the band to find someone who could replace Jesse's spot in the band. Not actually replace him, I mean who could replace that guy, he's too amazing to replace.

So, Justin had the brilliant idea of having tryouts today to see who would fit in the band. Of course he said it was my idea, but he originally came up with the idea when I said that not just anyone can join the band, they had to pass the "initiation". So he posted it on Twitter and I made a video on YouTube, saying we were looking for a new Rhythm guitarist. Hopefully we can find someone just as good as Jesse.

"Hey dad, are we leaving yet?" Scarlett asked, snapping out of my thoughts and sitting next me. I put my arm around her then looked at my phone. It was 10:38 am.

"Yeah just about, you got your stuff?" I asked her and she nodded, happily.

"Okay let's get going. I'm probably going to pick you up around 2:30, just because I want to spend some time with you today." I said smiling at her as we walk toward my car.

"Okay that's cool. So what are you guys doing today again?" She asked as we went inside the car.

I turned on the car and she turned on the radio. Teenagers by My Chemical Romance had just began playing and she looked ecstatic but crushed at the same time. The band breaking up was really hard for her, she was like obsessed with them. Then heartbroken when she found out what happened. I remember that day perfectly.

~flashback~

"Scarlett are you okay?" I knocked on her door, hoping she would answer.

"NO, IM NOT OKAY! MY LIFE IS MEANINGLESS WITHOUT THEM! THEY WERE THE BEST BAND I'VE EVER HEARD!" She screamed through the closed door.

Okay, I thought to myself, that hurt a bit.

"What about your uncle Vic's and my band?" I asked. I heard her sniffle and let out a sad laugh.

"You guys would never be quite as good as they were." She said and I heard her sob silently.

Okay, I thought to myself, that hurt a lot.

"Scarlett, come on. Maybe it was for the best. They were just a band sweetheart. They had a good ru-" I started but then I felt the door open so I stood back.

Appeared from behind was Scarlett, but looked nothing like her. Her hair was all over the place, tear stains all over her face, runny nose and her clothes wrinkled.

"They were not 'just a band'! They helped me through so much through their music! And I know I couldn't do anything without listening to them! WHY WOULD YOU EVEN SAY THEY WERE 'JUST A BAND'! You don't know shit about them!! God dammit dad, this is really hard for me and you will never understand how important they were for me!" She scram at me and I was shocked.

She had never risen her voice at me and I've never seen her this mad before. I honestly was scared being around her but I knew she was hurting. I might have pushed it even more by saying they were just a band. Nice going dumbass, I think to myself. Before I knew it I pulled her into me and hugged her tightly.

She got scared but then responded by hugging me back jus as tightly. Sobs coming from her shaky body. I rubbed her back soothingly and hushed her.

"Hey, hey, it's okay sweetie! Shhh listen it's going to be okay. Sweetheart I know you love them but sometimes if you love something, you gotta let it go. Don't worry you can still listen to them, since you have the cd's and stuff. Its okay sweetie, your going to be fine." I say to her, rubbing her back softly.