Remembering the Past

Chapter 22

*Scarlett's POV*

So Jack stopped the car infront of the Fuentes apartment and I honestly didn't want to get down. I just wanted to dig a hole and live there for the rest of my life. I think Mike noticed because he gave me a reassuring smile.

Mike got out of the passenger seat and open the door for the back so that I could get out. I didn't want to so I kinda took my time getting out of the car.

"Scarlett, your going to have to face your dad sometime." Said Jack after he noticed I was taking forever.

"I would like to choose to face him later if you don't mind." I told him

"It's going to be fine scare face, if you need anything just text me alright?" Jack told me and I gave him a nod and smile. Then I have him a hug and got out of the car.

Mike and I walk toward the door and buzz the buzzer.

"Hello?" it sounded like Vic but in a tired voice, so I assumed it was Vic.

"Aye, I'm here. Can you open the door?" Mike asked.

"Yea sure," Vic said and yawned "what's the magic word though?"

"Abracadabra!!" Mike said sarcastically and I laughed a bit.

"That's right u little smartass! Come on in." Vic said with a chuckle. Then the door buzzed open and we went inside.

We got into the elevator and I rushed to press the number 3. Ever since I was little I always loved pressing the number on the elevator before anyone else did. I found it very amusing and fun.

The elevator ride was quite but I herd Mike yawn. Then I yawned and from the corner of my eyes I saw him smile. I smiled and look up at him.

"Hey Mike, can I ask you something?" I asked

"Yeah, sure anything!" he told me.

"Do you think my dad is going to get pissed at me? I mean like really mad at me? Because what if he doesn't want me anymore. What if he sends me away like my mom did. I don't wanna le-" I said but was cut off by Mike putting his hand over my mouth.

"Scarlett that would never happen alright? Even if you murdered someone, he would never give you away! He loves you too much to give you away like that. So don't ever think that alright!" he told me and I nodded. He removed his hand, put his arm around me and smiled. Mike was like an older brother to me. The first time I met him was when in 2010. He came over with Vic just to hang out with my dad.

~flashback~

My dad and I were watching The little mermaid because I was bugging him. After a couple of minutes of begging he finally said yes.

Then the door bell rang and I looked up to him.

-ding dong-

"Daddy, who do you think it is?" I asked him.

"Hmm, maybe it's the pizza guy." he told me.

"But we didn't order pizza." I told him confusingly.

"They pizza guy doesn't need to know" he said with a smirk and I laughed. He got up and went to answer the door. I got behind him and sneaked to see who it was.

"Oh, hey guys!" my dad said.

"Hey Kells, how's it going?" said a short guy with brown long hair. He didn't look that bad. And then next

"Good, come on in you guys." My dad invited them in and I ran back to the couch to act natural. Then they all came into the living room.

"Thanks. Oh who's this little cutie!" said a taller guy. He had some tattoos on his both arms. I realized everyone was now looking at me and I blushed a bit.

"Oh, this is Scarlett," my dad said proudly, "Scarlett this is Mike and Vic. They are both my friends and in a band." Dad explained to me.

"Who is who?" I asked confusingly

"Oh, well I'm Vic." Vic said. The cute short one was Vic. I sure would never forget that!

"And I'm Mike! The smart and better looking one." Mike said and I laughed when Vic nudged Mike playfully.

"No I think Vic is cuter!" I said to Mike

"Oh, well then." Mike said and pretended to be hurt.

"Ha! I told you, Mikey. I'm better looking." Vic told Mike and smiled so bright it was like a million stars.

"Whatever, she's still small. How old are u rugrat?" Mike asked me.

"I'm 9 years old." I told him confidently. It took me a pretty long time to turn 9, now that I am I can brag about it right?

"Oh you are?" Mike said and came Infront of me, crouch down Infront of me.

"Yea, I'm getting really big." I looked into his brown eyes and smiled. Then I look are his arm and saw a red, thin string bracelet. I think he saw me looking at it because he took it off and looked at me.

"You like this?" he asked and I nodded my frantically.

"You can have it, as memory of us being friends, alright?" I told me and I put the bracelet around my wrist.

"Thanks alot." I said excitedly and hugged him.

"Hey! Why don't I get a hug!" wined Vic.

"Because she likes me more now!" Mile told him and I laughed.

~flashback end~

I looked down to my wrist and saw the bracelet that Mike gave me four years ago and smiled. By now, we made it to the door. I was really nervous and scared I felt my body tense up and shake a little.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay." he told me and I jus nodded my head. Then I herd me name.

I turned around quickly but no one was there. I must be hearing things again, I thought to myself.

Mike got his keys out from his pocket and unlock the door. My heart skipped beats when he finally opened the door.

(A/N) Hello! Sorry it took awhile to write. I was trying to figure out how to write this but I finished. So here you go! Tell me what u guys think. Vote, comment and tell a friend or stranger (lol) bout this book! Peace✌