Sorry For What?

I woke up that morning hungover, but surprisingly okay. Charlie was already up, and when I awoke to hear him in the kitchen, I stayed in bed and just tried remembering what happened to me the previous night while staring at the empty space beside me, reaching out and stretching. The sun that crept in from the door way through the living room made me feel refreshed, and relaxed. I stared at the sheets, picking at the loose thread at the end of the pillows and thinking to myself. I don't know how long that was, but it was a while.

Charlie appeared at the frame of the door to his room. I didn't yet meet his eyes. I was embarrassed.

"Good morning." He greeted calmly.

"Hi." I replied, vision focused onto my hands.

He stayed staring at me for a while, then came to lay by me again. I met his eyes. "Are you okay?" He asked softly, checking my face for whatever it was.

I nodded, afraid to speak and embarrass myself more. The previous night I begged him. What the hell was happening to me?

"Why did you think I was going to kick you out?" He suddenly asked, and I turned away in a flush.

The blood that rushed to my cheeks stayed there, and made me nervous. "I don't know. I was being stupid."

"Yeah, you were. But why were you so scared, Diana?" He tried leaning me back to face him again. I met his eyes.

"I don't know. I was... I wasn't myself."

"Oh Diana," He released a deep sigh. One that flew towards me to wake me with his coffee breath. I savored it. "Never," He took my hands. "Will I ever kick you out. This isn't just my apartment anymore."

I smiled, seeing the truth from his eyes. "This is more of a home to me than the one I grew up in." I said in honesty, squeezing his hands back. "I'm so sorry, Charlie." I said.

He knew what for. "Don't worry about it."

"I was such a child." I groaned in embarrassment, pulling from him to cover my face.

"Sweetheart, you were sad, and you didn't even know what was going on. Stop thinking about it." He cooed, brushing my hair with his fingers.

"Oh Mr. Grant, what would I do without you?" I sighed, seeing him sit up and pull me along with him.

"Starve. Come on, I doubt you had dinner last night." He said, and it was probably true.

He had out some good looking pancakes and bacon with eggs. I took one look at it, and my hungover self felt a little nauseous to smell it, eventhough it smelled heavenly.

"Where did these come from?" I asked in confusion, and he furrowed his brows at me, looking joking offended.

"I made them."

"Bullshit." I detected.

"Hey." He said sternly, "Watch your mouth."

"I thought you liked my dirty mouth?" I teased, tugging in his shirt to pull him toward me. I'd kiss him, but I probably tasted like wine and weed- and that's not the loveliest mixture.

He smugly smiled at me, leaning in for it, but I blocked his lips. He seemed to immediately see what was restraining me from kissing him back, and he huffed. "If you're not gonna be flexable then at least eat."

"Where is it from?" I asked, releasing him to sit down and look over the food.

"I made them. Well, the bacon, at least. The pancakes were frozen."

I smiled in happiness, suddenly loving the way things were at the moment. Awaking to him making me feel a little less worse than what I did. He made me breakfast. "Thanks."