If You Love 'Em, Set 'Em Free

'Cause I don't know

Who I am

When you're

Running circles in my head.

And I don't know

Who you are

When you're

Sleeping in someone elses bed.'

- YMA6

Fireworks

"I feel like if I ask where you've been you're gonna lie to me." Austin said as I walked into my house, seeing him and my brothers in my living room. No James. No Tyler.

I shrugged and turned to go upstairs. "Hey!" He called me down in surprise. "What are you doing? What's wrong?"

Dammit, can't a girl feel bad about herself and not be questioned about it...

"Nothing, I'm fine."

"Well we've been meeting here almost every day for a while now. You haven't even been staying here." He said accusingly.

"Okay." I continued up the stairs again and went to bed after finishing my homework, still not shedding a tear- because my heart was in my throat.

...

"You really do seem excited about this." I giggled when Andy sat me on his lap and scrolled on his laptop, helping me look for colleges.

"College is exciting." He said, moving my hair back from my shoulders and kissing me. "But kinda stressful, too."

I suppressed a shiver at how good it felt to have him near me.

It was a week after I ended things with Charlie and we haven't said anything to each other. And... He changed.

He was no longer my Charlie anymore. He was back to that scary and distant Mr. Grant who was mean. I say scary, when really I was done being afraid of him.

But either way, that teacher was back.

As we kept looking I letting out sighs of uncertainty at each college I saw. "You know," Andy said. "It's okay to go the same college one of your brothers went to."

"I know, but I just don't know."

He chuckled at me and shut his laptop, flipping me over onto the couch and hovering over me. "I guess we can do that later then." He said, giving me a kiss and playing with the necklace around my neck.

I slept over at his house and the next morning drove myself to school. Mr. Grant's door was shut, like it had been for the past week.

I ate lunch with my friends now, and we usually met up in the back of Connor's truck. He usually parked in the same side of the school that faced Mr. Grant's window, and I had to face away from it to hold back the urge to look every five seconds. God I missed him.

"You know what's different?" Cole began.

"Our seating arrangements for lunch?" I said, having Erin roll her eyes.

Cole ignored my comment. "Mr. Grant is suddenly an asshole again." He said in frustration.

Connor groaned, throwing a dark piece of lettuce out of his truck in anger. "I fucking know. He yells so much now. He's getting scarier than he was before." He shivered. "I didn't even think that was possible."

Erin nodded in agreement. "Yeah, he suddenly just... changed. What do you think happened?" She asked the guys, and I felt sick at thinking about how it was my fault.