Sleep For The Soul

Also if you're into lame cliche revenge stories, check out my new book called Mind the Code: The Problem With Revenge.
Here's a quick summary:
Friendship is important.

And obviously, there's a code. Bro code, for example, doesn't accept the dating of someone else's sister, or ex-girlfriend. Sometimes it does, but rarely does that happen. Girl code is vice versa, only the rules are always stronger.

One thing is for sure, though. Screwing around with you're best friend's lover is wrong. Code or no code.

That's why after Ava walked in on her best friend, Emily, and Ava's boyfriend, Mark making out at a party, she was crushed. She had been looking for her friends with Alex, Emily's boyfriend, and Mark's best friend.

Both broken and betrayed, Alex came up with a plan.

Revenge.

Revenge is sweet, but taking it too far can cause some damage, even heartbreak.

How far will they take it to get the closure they need? After all, karma is a bitch.

But that's a different story.
Hope you check it out!
Enjoy the new chapter ♥
- cilla

I froze on the spot as if I was caught doing something bad. What was it? What had I done that was so bad? Nothing.

"Yes?" I turned around and faced him politely, and really wanting to leave.

He crossed his arms over his chest and glared at me. He just flat out leaned back and gave me this awfully mean look. He wanted me to go over to his desk. So I did, cautiously. Taking each step not too slow- but steady. I was the doe who was dodging the hunter, only I wasn't swift enough to leave unseen. Now I must escape with his eyes on me.

"I'm giving you a detention for yesterday."

I dropped my bag and the metal part made a loud noise, it echoed in his grey, depressing room. "I'm sorry, why?" It wasn't polite, because I was angry.

"Your little episode was disrespectful." He spoke angrily.

"My episode? Mine? You were the one complaining the entire time about how you had better things to do than play the babysitter, when I specifically told you that you could leave. It was your fault!" I shouted at him. I shouted. I had never talked back to teacher before, much less shouted at one. I was in for it now.

He stood up abruptly, and I saw he expected me to cower down and take a step back, but I only returned his death glare. And it irritated him. "If you don't fight with me right now, then it won't go on your record. Right now you will sit down and do something quiet until I say otherwise."

I didn't sit down. "You know how much a record of detentions means to the people who look at you for college?" He sneered, and I wanted to slap his face. Instead, I sat down reluctantly and pulled out a library book by John Steinbeck. Hoping that his theraputic writing would calm my soul.

Thirty minutes into my detention my phone went off. It was on vibrate but it was silent in his room, just him and I. So we both heard it and he shook his head to me.

I looked at it anyway then looked back at him. He wasn't looking at me, his eyes were stone hard glaring at his computer as if it was me. "It's... my brother." I told him shyly and he didn't say a word. "If he's calling it's important." I said louder this time.

He looked at me finally. "Hurry up." He grumbled and I answered quickly before Bailey hung up.

"Hey pretty Diana." He said in an apologetic tone.