A New Friend

The men who knew my father told their stories. They talked about how my father would look for men who were good enough for me in his branch, and a few of them were in the house. I was so glad I wasn't there at the time, because it would've been extremely awkward. I only listened, a headache and a throbbing nose.

Charlie texted me, asking if I was alright. I knew he'd know if I was lying, so I replied truthfully.

I don't know

He snuck upstairs, where I was leaning against the blocking wall. He froze, seeing me there the way I was, and sighed, grabbing my face when kneeling down. He kissed me. "I've needed that for a while." I told him softly when he pulled away.

"Me, too." He kissed my forehead and tugged me up, we walked back into my room.

"What are you doing?" I asked in confusion while he unzipped my dress.

"Taking this thing off you."

"But I like it." I shouldn't of said that, as he spun me around, tugging my dress down.

"I don't like you wearing this expensive thing that he probably wanted to take off of you."

I blushed, stilling his hands. I couldn't tell him it didn't mean anything, because it did. I felt so sad at the reminder of how terrible I was. "Don't say things like that." I begged sadly.

"I can't help it, do you know how much it kills me thinking of you with him? Loving him?"

That done it, and I broke into terrible tears again. I honestly could not wait to find my strength again and stop crying like an unstable idiot. I know what he meant, and I had every reason to feel as terrible as I did. I deserved the pain. But what I did to him and Andy really was unforgivable. Even if they both forgave me.

"I'm... I'm sorry, Diana." He said in apology, regret, hugging me close.

I pulled away, shaking my head. "No, you didn't do anything wrong."

"I keep bringing it up-"

"It keeps coming up, Charlie. It won't leave me alone, this fact that I'm a stupid whore." I cried harder while he tugged me back to him.

"No, you're not a whore. Don't say that-"

"But you know it's true," I whined, trying out of his hold. He got more firm, trying hard to hold me in my place. When I continued to be stubborn he picked me up and dropped me on my bed, slipping the rest of the dress of and dropping it.

"You are not a whore. Please don't ever say that. ...And you do look beautiful with it on," He began, climbing over me to bathe me in kisses. Warm ones. Intimate ones. I felt my entire body flush with excitement- nerves. At my house, where everyone else was? With my brothers downstairs, and their families, and my dad's family and- god- Charlie's family? I couldn't find it in me to stop him. Especially in that suit of his.

"But you look even more beautiful like this," He said, tugging away my undergarments, and leaving me in nothing.

It was a great way to take my mind off things, I'll say that.

...

He had to go back downstairs a few minutes after he dressed himself. I acted like it was fine, because he had to, but I missed him. I don't know if he knew it or not, but I did.

I stared at the discarded dress in front of my bed. The silk shining beautifully, just ruffled up in a careless ball. I felt terrible for wearing it, but then I also felt terrible for feeling terrible for wearing it. Charlie texted me.