Glad

I hadn't told my brothers, since they thought I would come back after New Years, but Jessie Thomson told me she'd make sure I was paid for the full month, and then allow me to go for good on Christmas. The airport was lonely Christmas day, and it was nice. I got a taxi for myself home, and I remember how quickly my heart beat went when I walked up to the door, it being a Christmas dinner spent at my house, and hearing Charlie's voice bored and gloomy. The old Charlie, sad and depressed. Angry. I had every reason to shun him, to be angry and hate him for good, but I was in love with the idiot. I was angry as hell, and truly wanted to hate him for ignoring me for years, but I still wanted to see him.

"Hey, asshole." Chris' voice. "We've talked about this, eat your food and suck it up, or I'll shove this ham down your throat."

"Fuck off." Charlie's.

"Why do we have to wait to give our presents, we should've done this first thing in the morning."

Standing in front of the house and admiring the pretty lights lining the entry way to the house, I saw through the window the Christmas tree, glittering with ornaments and lights. I unlocked the door and heard as Austin called, "James, you're here! Come get your seat, Jannette had your present for you-" Austin looking, not being able to yet see me, and Austin grinned. "My god." And I ran over to give him a big hug. He kissed my head, pushing me back to look at me. "My god!" He repeated, and the lights were turned on, and Bailey ran over and grabbed me tightly.

"My baby sister," He shouted in happiness. 

"Nuh uh," Austin said in contentment. "She's not a baby anymore. She's a college grad."

"Baby or not, she'll always be my little baby Diana." Bails fawned as Chris shoved him over and embraced me.

"You look so old. I hate it." Chris said, and I thought I was incredibly ecstatic to see my brothers, I wanted to see Charlie. I wanted to see him terribly. Tyler and I shared a hello, but I looked up and saw Charlie standing, a dark look on his face.

Was he happy? Was he dangerously pissed off? Did he hate me now? Well, whatever it was, I didn't fucking care about how he felt, and ran to him, jumping on him in a hug. He caught me in shock, and I nuzzled my face in his neck. "Charlie, you hateful asshole, I've missed you more than I thought possible, and I should never want to speak to you again after ignoring me to the extent of questioning my life, but I love you, Charlie, and I don't care what you say anymore, I won't let go of you now, not for a while." 

He found his movement, and hugged me back, slowly. But, though slow, he squeezed me tighter by the second, his hand crawling up to my hair and taking hold. I unwound my legs from his body and held him closer, and he turned to press his face to mine. It was almost aggressive, it was hard. It was mean, but I loved it. He kissed me in a rough way, but it turned gentle immediately when he realized I was really there. When he realized I wasn't going anywhere for a while. I should've hated him, but hell I could never.

"God dammit, Diana." Charlie breathed out when releasing my mouth, staring into my eyes with arms tight around me. "I hated you for leaving, but- now all I hate is myself."

"Good." I said, holding in the few tears that were slipping. He kissed them as they fell, and kissed my face all over, nose, eyes, forehead, cheeks, mouth. I couldn't help but laugh, and enjoy the feeling of his arms around me again.

"Keep it PG, man." James' voice came and we found in each other to let go and I embraced James. "College brat." He joked. "You never invited me over."

I hugged him tight, like he often did to me and heard him grunting. "Okay, Dye, I'm old now, I can't take that anymore." 

I laughed, releasing him. "Dang," He said. "You look like a woman."