Lost & Found

Merry Christmas to those of you who celebrate it! And Happy Holidays to those of you who don't!

Either way, I hope you're happy ♥

- cilla

"Thanks again." I told Charlie as I unbuckled myself from the passengers seat and found my keys.

"You're welcome." He said plainly. "Are you sure you're okay to drive?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine." I assured him and opened the door to meet the chill of the outside air.

"If you need anything..."

"Are you asking for my number?" I joked.

He let out a short, seemingly fake chuckle that didn't meet his eyes, and handed me his phone. "I know I'm not at the top of your emergency list, but I'm here." He said, and for some reason it meant a lot to me.

I handed him back his phone after he sent me his number and wanted to hug him, I wanted to break his sudden uncomfort around me but knew I should get out of the empty and dark school parking lot and drive to Andy's.

So I did that.

"Come on in." Toby said when he answered the door.

"Hey Toby." I said, giving him a side hug.

"He's in his room, but you can go in there if you want." He said and went into the kitchen.

I was tempted to just wait until he came out, but I knocked on his door anyway and his voice came on the otherside. "Diana?"

"Yeah, hi." I answered and opened the door, seeing him loosen his tie and throw it on his bed tiredly.

He looked at me and slipped off his jacket. "Have you gotten any sleep lately?"

"Actually, I just took a four-hour nap." I admitted and he smiled.

"I was going to make an appointment with the downtown search agents, they said they got the same call about Erin earlier today."

I sighed out in relief. "Her parents." I finished for him.

"Yes, they've got everything planned out."

I sat on his bed and stared at the door. "But they still haven't found her." I stated.

He came around and sat next to me, holding my hand in his. "No they haven't." He squeezed my hand between his own and I leaned my head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry, Diana. They'll find her." He assured, but still not helping with the helplessness I felt for my friend. I didn't even know what to do, and I felt completely helpless for that.

I looked around and took note of how Andy's room was filled with expensive furniture and how his bed had silk sheets. His walls were lined with the color red and blue and his bathroom door hung open, showing how wide and expensive-looking it was.

I was thinking about Charlie again all the sudden. Had we really joked about flirting with eachother? Had he really almost kissed me and acted like it was normal to touch me like he did? There I was, telling my teacher to kiss me while I had something going on with someone else.

One thing was definetly sure... It was going to be extremely awkward the next day for the both of us.

"Have you eaten?" Andy asked, standing up and going into the living room.