Parties and Slap Boxing

He chuckled casually and leaned against my counter, hand in his casual pant pocket and a beer in his hand, looking back at my brothers and barely matching their smiles. He looked like a different man and I was dead frozen, then the outside breeze shoved me and I shut the door, startling everyone, and causing him to look at me. Just as frozen as I was a second ago.

"Hey Dye." James smiled to me and that's when Mr. Grant's eyes scanned me as if trying to figure out if I was really there or not.

"Full house, I see." I said plainly. Normally.

"How was school?" Bailey asked with a full mouth.

I didn't look at Mr. Grant or the guys and hung my bag up while I said, "Good."

Austin leaned forward on the counter and glared at me. "Well it sure did last a while."

"Leave her alone, Dye come meet a friend of ours." Chris said, nodding over to Mr. Grant.

I learned how to once again move my legs and Chris was really casual about everything, proving they knew nothing. "Diana this is Chance. Chance this is our sister, Diana."

Mr. Grant or Chance or Charlie, I was going to stick with Charlie, extended his large but gentle hand and squeezed mine in his. "Hi." I said while looking into his sizzling hot eyes and he returned my greeting in his low and mysterious voice.

But I didn't know how to feel since he lied to me. And then lied about lying. Then I learned he was friends with my brothers, and it was just so overwhelming. I didn't even know he had friends, he said he didn't hangout, so what else could he been lying to me about?

When that was quickly finished they all began another conversation. Charlie, of course, was very aware that I backed away slowly and tried to take the opportunity to sneak up the stairs and when halfway up Bailey called me down. "Ah- ah- ah!" He said. "You're not finished with punishment, remember?"

"I'm busy." I said, heading up the stairs.

"No you're not." Tyler said in monotone while bringing a beer to his lips.

"Why's that?" Austin asked, walking over to look at me from the bottom of the stair case.

"I have plans." I said passively then I turned around and I walked up the stairs.

"With who?" He asked, then I heard as he talked to James and demanded for him to talk to me.

"Why me?" James asked.

"Because she's mostly comfortable around you."

I scoffed to myself and shut out their conversation and my door, taking the book with a brown bagged cover and sitting at my desk to read, trying to do anything to get that man out of my head. It still hadn't exactly hit me that he was in my house.

There was eventually a knock at my door and I allowed him access and heard James' voice. "So D." He began, plopping onto my bed.

"So James." I said, pretending that I was distracted with a book when really my mind drove off to his warm touch. This was not the man who hated me in the beginning of the year, and I was not the same girl who only ever had urges around Andy Carl.

"Where are you going tonight?" He asked curiously.

"I'm going to a party." I said in monotone.

I heard as he sat up and propped his elbow on my bed and I turned to look at him, but then seeing James wasn't alone. My calculus teacher was standing there in my door way, then I watched as he stepped in my room. My god, it tore my nerves apart. Now that man was in my room and looked around curiously, and so casually. I actually started to believe it wasn't even him.