Meet The Brothers

Hey guys! I'm sorry, I just couldn't wait to get this story going, so I'm publishing the second chapter! I will be trying to upload this story in sync with my sequel to LAIF, Effort at its Finest. I also thought it would be more fair to upload another chapter sooner, because it starts out pretty short. It won't be like that for the rest of the story, I promise!

Thanks for reading, tell me how you feel

- cilla

~

At home, all my brothers stood in the kitchen, towering over my fridge and eating everything they saw. I only stood and stared, waiting for them to notice me, waiting for them to explain why they were there.

Finally Bailey saw me and stopped mid-way putting a spoon full of pudding in his mouth. "Hey Diana." He smiled, showing a bit of chocolate on his teeth.

Bailey was the joker, but when he needed to, he immediately flipped his act and got serious. Now he was in the middle. "Why are you here?" I asked them.

They all gave me their attention and Austin sat down on a barstool. "Checking up." He simply said. They had been doing way too much checking up lately.

After we stared at eachother for a while he turned and circled around the island in thought. "How was school?"

"Fine."

"We don't think dad is coming back." Chris finally said in frustration.

What they said made me angry. At first, I stepped back with wide eyes- I was so in shock. But they narrowed into a glare and they stepped back this time, all three of them.

"You don't have any faith in our father?" I said to them and they looked at eachother, not knowing what to say.

"He's not." Austin said.

"Where's your proof?" I yelled at him. In my silent, cozy house. I had never yelled at them before. It made them step back once more. In complete disbelief. I was overwhelmed. When I got home all I thought about was the home work I had, and now they were giving me more to worry about.

"It's obvious, okay?" Bailey walked around and tried to embrace me but I pulled away.

Bailey and I were the closest growing up. He always took me places, and we always got along. Chris, being the closest in age, always found a way to get under my skin. I was never one to pick a fight, I was never one to argue. I never had. I was always the 'composed one' in the family, as my dad would say.

"It's hard, I know. But we have to face it."

I didn't think twice about that fact, I knew it wasn't true. They really believed he wouldn't come back. It was ridiculous. "You could stay with one of us!" Bailey suggested.

"Or we could stay here." Austin offered.

I shook my head and Chris gave me a disbelieving look. "Oh come on, Diana, you must get lonely here."

I shook my head at them. "I'm not." It was honesty I thought I gave them. I wasn't lonely, I was sad. If they stayed with me they'd talk together. And they would be close like always- that's what made me lonely.