Shit Pt. II

Hey everyone! Happy New Year!
I'd like to thank everyone for reading my stories and sticking with me through inconsistant publishing, haha
I know I said in the beginning that I would be finished with this story by the end of break... but now I'm not too sure. Currently I'm writing the ending and it keeps getting longer, and just when I'm at the last chapter, I end up having to write another one and it's just really irritating. I'll be done soon, I promise!
I'll just be publishing around three times a day, haha, so please bear with me!!
I love you guys
- cilla ♥

"I thought you said you weren't seeing anybody." Chris sighed deeply.

"I said I wasn't seeing Connor."

My brother stared at me, the disappointment evident in his eyes, but I didn't care. "How did this even start, Diana?"

"I didn't know you guys were friends, I swear. In the beginning he and I... we didn't get along. He wasn't the best teacher and we argued so much he'd make me stay after for detention or tutoring."

"Tutoring? It was with him this whole time?"

"Most of the time." I resisted smiling to myself, remembering the beginning. Remembering his stubborn attitude, his glares, his unreasonably unfair treatment towards me. "He was an asshole."

"How did you end up...- like, yknow. Together?"

"We got to know eachother. I told him one day during an argument that I was a person and he couldn't just treat me like he did because he thought he had authority over me. And that he needed to stop treating people like shit.."

I flushed at my brother's surprised expression. "You told him that? What did he do?"

"He was really angry at first but eventually... he listened." I sat up straighter and moved around the sandwich that became unappitizing remembering the situation I was in. "He learned to respect me."

"He listened." My brother repeated in disbelief. "To you? After you told him that?"

I nodded again.

"Why didn't either of you say anything about knowing eachother when you first... 'met?'"

"I don't know. We were in a weird relationship then. He was just beginning to treat me like I was human,"

"Diana, Chance doesn't even treat himself like he's human."

I sighed sadly, "I know. But he's working on it."

"He chose you over Claire." Chris said in shock. "I mean, I love you, D, but she's a-"

"A doctor, yes I know, I've told him this a thousand times."

"And?"

"And he says he doesn't like her."

It felt... Well, it felt good to be confessing everything I've been wanting to talk to about to Chris. He sat and stared deeply at me, and I loved how I couldn't detect his disappointment any more. Sure, it was still there, but the shock over clouded that.

"So... even after you... admitted to cheating and told him you were leaving him for Andy Carl... he still wanted to be with you?"

I looked back at my brother's eyes. "I still wonder the same thing. But even after he listened to me and started a relationship with Claire again, he was so unhappy."

"Because you were with Andy." Chris told me as if it was obvious. But it wasn't completely the case.

"Even after I convinced Andy to get married, he didn't seem any happier."