K-hall B-hall

Readers!!!

Thank you so much for choosing my story, and I really hope you're liking it. I'll tell you not to forget that I'm uploading Thursday, but I probably will, so...

Give me a vote if you're liking it!

Tell me what you think about the characters, and Mr. Grant's sudden.... change? Haha, I love you all ♥

- cilla

The next day Mr. Grant didn't stay after for tutoring. He just made an announcement to the class, indirectly to me but he didn't want to talk to me. He stood at the front and said, "I'd appreciate it if you guys would hurry out of here today, I have things at home I need to attend to as soon as possible." He said grumpily.

He was still welcoming with questions. Even mine, but he never looked at me. When I raised my hand he could see me at the corner of his eye and only grumbled, "Diana." When he called on me.

I wasn't going to apologize if that's what he wanted. If anything it was him who should be apologize to me. But it didn't matter. It didn't matter because he wasn't going to be in my life for much longer.

Pretty soon I'd be going to college and he'd be stuck at the highschool, frowning at students and yelling at his mother.

That was sort of how the whole week went, actually. I'll admit I was disappointed, but only because my grade was already dropping. Unless it was him getting back at me for- wait, no. I did nothing wrong, and he knew that. No he didn't, he was too caught up in his ego and anger to recognize it was him who was being the rude one. I only spoke the truth.

Thanksgiving break finally came, and I did exactly what I planned on, nothing. It was so great. It was cold too, and I even put on the fire sometimes. I spent it alone and in comfort, since my brothers were with their friends or their families and their wives' families. And Chris with his girlfriend, because he wasn't yet married.

I didn't once leave the house. James came by, but only because he was the only one in town, meaning my brothers probably forced him to check on me. He brought me my favorite candy as an apology for 'barging in' on my break.

"Thanks." I told him sleepily.

"Why don't you come and work out with me?" James asked.

I laughed and ate my candy. "Why don't you sit down and watch a movie with me?" I suggested.

He shrugged and layed back on the same couch my brothers preferred. I fell asleep, so I didn't keep him much company.

"Seriously, come to the gym with me." James said when I woke up and started dying down the fire.

I laughed at him. "I'm probably so out of shape."

"You don't look out of shape."

"Well I am, I promise."

He sighed while heading to the door. "Alright, well bye." He said. "And thanks for the conversation during the movie, you're such good company." He said with sarcasm and I laughed at him again as the door shut.

In a flash, Thanksgiving was over already. Thanksgiving. The time of family. I stood by the front door and waited for the mailman. Every holiday my father would send me a long loving letter. This time, it was late. Or at least that's what I hoped, because it didn't come.

My dad was alive, so I forced myself to stop worrying.

School came back again and it forced me to realize how I wasted my holiday. But why did it matter? Who was I gonna spend with anyway? Andy texted me once and said he was sorry he hadn't called or anything to check up, and that he was swamped with meetings and dinners. I honestly wasn't all that upset. We weren't together, and he seemed to understand it too, which was why we didn't talk everyday, but then again it would be nice.