Break

"Diana, wake up."

Tyler's voice broke into my terrifying dream, and at the time I was thankful... until I realized it wasn't a dream. I really was torn away from Charlie.

"Hey." He kindly told me when I opened my eyes, and I just stared at him. "Daphne told me Bailey was being a dick, and we went looking for you."

I shrugged where I was lying. "It's fine." But it wasn't fine.

"Come on, I'll take you home." He said, so I escaped Erin's cozy bed and saw her come into her room. She hugged me and told me I needed to come over when the weekend hit again, and I said I would.

In the car with Tyler, I felt how bad he must've felt for being a part of this new horror I've had to live with. I could actually feel his sympathy as he drove me back home. It was really odd.

"Bailey hates me, doesn't he?" I asked. But hell, I knew my brother didn't hate me. Bailey himself might think he hated me, but the only reason why I said that was because I knew it would get to Tyler. And it did.

"Oh, Dye. He's your brother, of course he doesn't hate you. He's just..." I knew Tyler was trying to think of another word other than disappointed and I'm glad he did. "Just not happy with... you and Chance. It's just- we knew Chance when he was in college, that's all. We know how he hated women, so we thought he was just using you. Then we figured how vulnerable he is with feeling loved, and we figured it was you who was using him."

My eyes squeezed shut, and I felt offence cloud my heart. "You should've figured that we actually love eachother, and not that bullshit if you knew us so well."

Tyler was quiet for a second. "I'm sorry." He apologized, but I was too exhausted to react how I truly wanted to and just shrugged as he drove me home.

I did my homework, thinking of Charlie the entire time, and wondering what he was doing. Wondering if he was thinking our relationship was useless and deciding to end it with me as soon as possible. Then I told myself to stop thinking that.

I wanted to go back to Erin's, and to talk all night, then be silent- and understand eachother that way.

Through silence.

...

"Come on, these homework grades, guys. I coulda' sworn you had this unit down right away." Mr. Grant lectured to our class, and it wasn't as odd as it seemed to be. Sure, prior to his decent teaching he had never been even remotely caring when it came to our grades- I don't think- but now there he was giving us a speech about how we should've done better, but it felt normal.

I watched him closely, narrowing my eyes at his boring speech. I loved his annoying self.

"Mr. Grant," A girl raised her hand. "Do you tutor?"

I almost wanted to burst into laugher hearing her ask that. He wasn't the best tutor, but he wasn't the best teacher in the beginning either.

My man looked stumped. He stood there, not knowing what to say and his eyes met mine for a split second. That was when I raised an eyebrow and he looked away. "No." He replied.

I bit my amused lip.

"Do you know who does?"

"I'm sure Mr. Joseph does." He muttered when walking past me- me being the only one to hear him.

"What'd he say?" Someone whispered.

"I think he said something about Mr. Joseph." Ryan whispered back.

"Alright." Charlie's booming voice said, passing out papers individually and nonchalantly carressing my hand as he set my paper down. I settled a shiver. "This is practice, now use the textbooks if you don't understand, and if you can't freaking read, I guess ask me." He grumbled, and I know I wasn't the only one who wanted to laugh at him.