Get Over It

"Oh my god." I sighed long and hard, hearing as my brothers fought off the photographers.

This sudden exposure was surreal. I didn't know what to do, but I knew I wanted to talk to someone. Charlie couldn't quite be an option, so I told myself, but also I had no urge to reach out to Erin. Andy was for sure a no, but how I wanted his advice, because he knew what to do in situations like these. He lives in this life of fame, and I was suddenly a pawn in the tabloids to lure in all these nosy, boring people. 

I was beginning to feel I would never be able to glue myself back together.

...

I couldn't go to school that Friday, my brothers wouldn't let me.

The photographers were camped out in front of my house as if that were legal, and my brother's tried calling the police, but they said to give it time, unless they were causing physical harm.

I had no way of contacting Charlie to let him know why I wouldn't be coming in that days, nor could I inform my friends, so I stayed. I was locked inside as there was a faint chatter of photographers in my front yard, and I was angry at all of them. I had a reason to be, as well, but I was mostly mad they were blocking my way to Charlie. That Friday passed on as I slept the whole day.

They left. One by one, the photographers were gone, but I couldn't be so sure.

My brother's had told Tyler what was going on, and Tyler told Cole, who told Mr. Grant, I had hoped. But what I knew was Toby was told by Cole, and told Tyler to tell me to be very careful, because those nosy journalists were never gone. They were always somewhere, so Bailey told me not to go anywhere for a while.

This killed me when Sunday came along.

I wondered all day, what was he doing? Was he getting ready to meet his father? What was he wearing? Oh god, I knew he was freaking out. He'd usually be coming to me for advice on what to do, or ranting on how stupid he was being for seeing this man in the first place. I just wanted to be some source of comfort to him, but this was difficult.

It began to be so difficult for me, I had to go to Chris.

"I need to call Charlie- I mean Chance." I said when I went into the office Chris used for his side work when he was sorting through files.

He stopped and looked up at me in shock, then he rubbed his ears, and asked me what it was I had said. I repeated myself.

"Are you crazy, Diana? Why would I let you call Chance?"

"Because I need to talk to him."

"You're not allowed to, and you know that."

I went over to his organized desk and pulled up a leg rest to sit and look seriously into his eyes. "Please." 

He just looked really confused. I knew Chris didn't hate me for loving his friend, but he knew he shouldn't let me speak with him unless for a valid reason, I assumed. "Why?"

"Do you know what he's got planned for today?" I said, feeling he'd know.

"We don't talk to Chance, anymore, Diana, why would I know?"

This, I didn't know. "He's going to see his father. And he's probably freaking out right now because he has no one to talk to about it. You know he wouldn't dare call his mom about this."

I saw as I spoke, Chris looked a little worried, but mostly shocked, as if it wasn't believable. Then he shook his head. "How do you know this?"

"Because he told me."