And A Heartless Whore I Am

"And my heart will break because

I know that in the end you'll be her

Summer

Her Winter

Her Lover

Her Friend.

Her hero in the morning

Her beginning, middle, end.

But inside you would die to go back to the start

Because you lost your way

When you lost your place in my heart."

- Wayward Daughter

"My father had been planning an arranged marriage since I was born." He said as he held his hands together tightly, not looking me in the eye.

I remember feeling a sudden familiar feeling of worry. I felt as if I had been, once again, not approved of. By his father- even if we hadn't even met. An arranged marriage that was planned since birth. How was I supposed to feel about that? Andy seemed to be dropping his head, almost like he was shamed as he went on. Almost embarrassment. "It was for the company. My father made a deal with his best friend years ago that their companies would merge after I married the man's daughter."

Immediately I felt relief at how Andy declined without looking back, but eventually I saw the selfishness in my thanks, and thought about the long term outcome. If he married this woman, he would have his life handed to him. It was a dream, being the owner if two major companies, and the approval from the rest of the world. No way would the press accept the fact that The Andy Carl- Millionaire Business Man- was in a relationship with a girl who was still in high school. And even if I hadn't yet met his father, I felt the man hated me already.

"And what did he say?" I asked, meaning Andy's father after finally speaking, dismissing my long hesitation.

He met my eyes, caution filling his aquatic orbs. "He said fine."

I looked back in disbelief. "That's it?"

Andy nodded.

I thought longer, my mind wandering off to where it wasn't needed at all. It really wasn't necessary for me to go through the whole arranged-marriage thing when he and his father obviously cleared all that up.

"When were the two of you supposed to get married?" I asked curiously, seeing it annoyed him just talking about it.

He let out a deep breath as if holding in nausea, and answered- staring at the coffee table in front of him. "Eight months."

I let out a breath this time, seeing how freaking soon that was and trying to take it lightly. It hurt no matter the situation. Whether they were getting married or not, it hurt to think of how he already had someone picked out- no, made for him to spend his entire life with.

"Say something." He pleaded stressfully, waking me and making me realize I had been thinking for a while, and he was now looking at me again.

But what was I supposed to say?

"Andy..." I began without thinking, but not able to speak a word after that because he stood abruptly, taking my face in his hands almost desperately.