March 31st

Austin narrowed those similar eyes right back at me. "That was supposed to be yours. Mom and dad meant to give it to you."

"You knew?" I asked in disbelief.

"I remember when they made it. They never got to painting it, and..." And she died. He didn't have to finish his sentence.

"Okay, so?"

"Where the hell did you find it?" Chris barged into our conversation.

I perked up, excited to be explaining how I found it. "The attic." I grinned.

They looked at each other in confusion. "What?"

"I swear, it's amazing. It has all of your stuff and my stuff and even their stuff. Even mom's stuff. I found it boxed up there, in terrible condition. It was cracked and broken and just so old." I smiled proudly. "So I fixed it."

Austin's narrowed eyes turned cautious for some pointless reason, and I heard as the party witness our absence, probably wondering what happened. I tried not to think about Charlie. Or how freaking awkward it was that he was with Claire. Or how awkward it was that he was there in the first place. "And... That was really the one they made?"

I let out a breath. "Follow me." I said, leading them through the crowded house filled with adults who were related to Janette, Austin's wife. There were some children, some that looked like cousins to Lily and Janette. But no one else from our side of the family. Everyone already knew why.

I walked to the dollhouse that everyone stood around, staring at it. I was so proud, and so giddy for some weird reason. I had a feeling it was because Lily and I suddenly had some kind of bond, or connection. I never really payed her much attention, I never really went over there period, but I was so happy then to have her suddenly love me. Just that beautiful look she gave me when she saw me, her eyes lit up, her sweet face smiled brightly. I just wanted to squeeze her, she was so cute. It was like I had never really looked at her before then.

I lifted the slightly heavy dollhouse up high and looked at Austin first. "Read the bottom." I told him, and he sent me a funny look. "Hurry up, this is heavy."

He ducked, being pretty tall, and I watched as his eyes scanned the bottom of the house. His eyes filled with something that looked like longing. Something I hadn't seen in so long, and he seemed so... So sad for a second. He seemed to stare at it, as if reading it over and over again. I cleared my throat and he flinched, apologizing quietly and lifting it for me. My arms dropped to my sides and Bailey and Chris took turns reading it, seeming to have the same reaction as Austin. When he set it down I watched as Janette looked at him in confusion, and a few others did so, too. I felt that man's glare as well.

Austin stared into nothing for a while, then turned to me, suddenly wrapping his arms around me tightly in a strong embrace. A hug. Austin never showed much affection to me, ever, and I could tell Janette and some others knew he wasn't usually so affectionate, and it grew a tad bit quieter. I hugged his waist and pat his back. It was strange and I knew he needed it. Austin, of all four of us, was the closest to our mother. He remembered her the most.

When he pulled back from me he looked at the dollhouse. "Let's talk outside." He said, seeming to sound almost mad.

I followed him along with Bailey and Chris and we went in the backyard, sitting on his wife's garden bench and Austin stood. "Why are you giving it away?" He snapped.

"Giving it away?"

"Mom obviously wanted you to keep it, Diana."

I scoffed, and ended up having a small and loud coughing attack. "What am I going to do with a dollhouse?"