Tangled In Sheets

*** READ THIS SHIT. **

HELLO AGAIN this is Priscilla here, in 2019 wanting to address something real quick.

So far in this novel- Diana has made no commitments to anyone. Not Andy. Not Charlie. I know as an author I'm supposed to allow those of you reading to make up your own minds about the characters and think what you want, but it sickens me to see that calling a woman(even if she is non existant) a whore is so common within you girls.

How on earth do we expect to be treated equally if we allow these things to happen? Charlie calling her that is not okay. Anyone saying that to ANYONE is never okay. This is evident throughout the story that a young girl is struggling with her identity and loneliness, and this story reflects myself in so many ways, so it kills me to see the repeated usage of female slander in the comments that I can no longer find joy in reading them anymore.

I'm not saying you guys should stop having opinions, rather I'd advise those of you who use this language regularly to rethink it, and ask yourself how on earth this is beneficial to anybody.

- cilla, again.

Then Andy dropped me off back at home he told me he was sorry he couldn't make things better. In admiration and shock I told him it wasn't his doing at all.

That was when he held my hand and said, "It's not yours either."

I liked him more.

I got through school of course, but when tutoring came by Charlie stopped me short. "What's going on?"

I held in a frustrated huff at how it was the billionth time I heard it from someone.

"Nothing." I answered as if it was pointlessly stupid question.

He sat at his desk and nodded to me. "Come here."

It still had the same affect on me, and I was convinced it always would. I refused either way and he stood up in irritation. "Diana, your grades have dropped completely."

"It's been one week, it's probably just work they haven't put in the gradebook."

"It's not that simple, I would know. I'm a teacher." He growled. "And in here I can especially tell how you're suddenly never focused."

I said nothing and instead turned to leave. "Don't walk away from me, I'm not done talking to you." He said, but I was already out the door and heading outside.

A guilt never left me when I thought about his confused face. It wasn't his fault, but it wasn't mine either. That's why I stuck with saying nothing to him. That was actually how my week went, and by the end of it, I had a C in every class.

I was scared. When had it gotten this bad? When had I stopped caring?

Those nights I'd do what I could to catch up, but things went by too fast. There was too much on my mind, and Mr. Grant gave up on trying to talk to me after I told him I didn't have time for tutoring. Or at least that's what I thought.