Person, Place, Thing

It was like I shot him down and his dominance aura ended. He looked so shocked, staring into my eyes and obviously wondering why I looked at him like he was a sexy piece of meat.

"What's the matter, are you insecure?" I asked him suddenly, not recognizing the smooth way my voice sounded.

He cleared his throat and weaved his pencil through his fingers. "You're so bold now." He said back.

I felt myself get closer to him but I couldn't control it. "How's that?"

"Suddenly thinking I'm handsome." He said back, his booming huskiness completely knocking me away. The dominance was back, and it was fighting mine.

"I've always thought that." I was leaning toward him now and my inner women was pushing out of me.

No, it was way too soon. Shouldn't this be happening when I'm in my early twenties and at a bar with Erin or something?

"Let's be fair then," His hand slowly rose and touched my hair, brushing it back and barely against my skin and I only thought about how warm his hands were- not at how he was so openly touching me. My heart was practically vibrating in my chest, warmth and nerves unbearing at how he caressed me like a man and not a grumpy teacher. Teacher... "You're-"

The loud ringing of my phone erupted and made us both flinch back, and the turned-on women in me sinking back into a hiding place while the scared little girl with a mask went back to surface, making everyone think she was strong and nothing less. I stood up and reached for my phone seeing it was Chris.

I picked it up. "I know you wouldn't have answered if I called." Austin said and I sighed deeply, rubbing my tired head and sitting down at my desk. What was Mr. Grant about to say?

"No, I would have." I said.

"Well where are you?"

"I told you already."

He sighed on the other end too. "I know, you've just got me worried now."

"I'm sorry." I said. "I won't do it again."

"I know." He repeated. "Diana, you're still grounded."

I covered my mouth and began laughing. "I'm serious."

"Talk to the lawyer." I said, my laugh deflating into a giggle, and meaning Bailey. "He'll explain to you how you can't do that."

"Well you should be. Dad would've grounded you if he was here."

"I wouldn't have done it if he was here." I found myself saying.

"I'm... I'm sorry..."

"It's okay, I already forgave you." I said quickly trying to get the point across, because his apologies were so different. They were so weird because they were so unusual and rare and only proved more how bad he felt about it.

"What wouldn't I be allowed to do anyway?" I asked him.

Austin on the other line laughed. "Go out with Andy Carl."

"He's on a business trip in California."

"Well we all forbade you."

"I'm not gonna listen." I laughed.

"Of course not..." He grumbled. "Just... if you're gonna be with him, make it a relationship."

I smiled to myself. "Are you telling me to be in a relationship after banning me from seeing him?"

"Diana, just stop talking to him. End of discussion."

"Okay, I understand."

The line dropped and my eyebrows furrowed. "Did he hang up on me...?" I said to myself quietly. I unlocked my phone, reading the texts I got from Erin and Connor, both about the party on Friday, and then James saying he thought he also owed me an apology. I didn't reply to any of them just yet and clicked my phone shut.