Shit Pt. I

Back at school the next week, I had been wearing leggings and a t shirt.

I stopped by his classroom before school began, and the halls were emptied because it was a beautiful day. "How was it?" I immediately asked when seeing him. He leaned up against the door frame while I stood out in the hallway, looking up at him to closely speak.

He furrowed his brows. "How was what?"

"Hanging with the guys."

He released a look that said oh in realization, and he shrugged, completely bored of our conversation. "James is still breathing, isn't he?"

"What does that mean?" I asked in seriousness.

His brows furrowed again and his expression went angry. "It means I didn't kill him like I want to."

I rolled my eyes. "He's your friend." I stated bluntly.

"Yeah, he's yours too." He snapped.

"He's like a brother to me-"

"I want you to stop saying that."

"Well I'm going to say it until you get it through your thick skull." I told him, taking a step back and seeing the frustration in his eyes. He calmed.

"I just don't like the way he looks at you." He said lowly, much calmer than before.

I smiled at him, "It's all in your head." I tried to convince him the truth.

"Really, it isn't-"

"So Claire still digs you. And I don't hate her." I said, trying to be humorous.

It didn't work at first, then he gave me a confused look that made me laugh, and with my laugh he finally smiled at me. A quiet smile. A sweet one. A Charlie one. "Did you just say digs?"

I nodded, and we easily dropped the subject.

"So what does Mr. Grant have planned for his class today?" I teased, and he narrowed heated eyes at me, the amused smile not wavering.

"Hey, Mr. Grant!" I turned in the hallway, seeing one the football players named Greyson, giving the hot calculus teacher a wave.

I looked in amusement at Charlie whose expression fell to confusion as well as uncomfort. "Uh, what." He said, and I wanted to nudge him, but only took another casual step back, realizing I was probably a little closer than a teacher-student boundary.

"You look sly today." Greyson complimented, and then I wore Charlie's expression, seeing happy Greyson speak to the teacher in a such a casual way.

"Okay." Charlie said in uncomfortable suspicion. I held in a laugh.

"I was just passin' through. I hope you have a narly day, man." He kept walking, closer to the exit, then turning to look at me. "Diana, your ass is looking fine." Then he was gone. It was the most pointless moment of my life.

After watching him walk out, I turned to look at Charlie, who stood in slacks and the shirt I'd often sleep in with a boring blue tie. He frowned deeply at me. "What?"

He narrowed his eyes at me. "Turn around." He demanded lowly.

"Excuse me?"

"Turn. Around." He growled.

I rolled my eyes, but did as I was told. Doing a three-sixty, I met his eyes again and he looked scary-unhappy. "Diana, change."

"I thought you liked me the way I was."