Wow You're Different

"You say it like I don't already know." I grumbled to her.

She only giggled. "He's a terrible teacher anyway. You're lucky you get tutoring."

It was true. Without tutoring a month ago I would be clueless with absolutely everything he tried to teach us. "Well," I said, opening back up the biology notebook and taking a gulp of her nasty coffee. "Let's get to it."

...

"You never want to go out and eat with us, Dye." My brother, Chris, complained.

"Because I'm tired." I said boredly.

"Well plan something out when you're not tired because this is annoying."

"How can you have so much time on your hands?" I asked in envy. He was a psychologist. One in training. He was a genious, who gets everything right the first time. My brothers were perfect, and everyone loved them. I was just waiting for the gene to be passed down to me.

Chris shrugged. "Getting things done is easy, it just takes patience."

I only nodded at him and didn't feel the need to elaborate on my feelings towards his works. I had patience. But I knew someone who didn't, and he was the man who almost dropped me off at my home.

I would be staying in that same classroom again, and it made me kind of nervous. I didn't want to stay, of course. I never wanted to... But there was something different, and something wrong about him. It was a turn around from the first time he layed his hard and mean eyes on me. It was a complete turn around.

Mr. Grant. Charlie Grant. I could live with calling him Charlie, I actually liked it.

When I woke up the next morning I went down and picked up a coffee for the librarian down by the public library. I borrowed the classic Delta of Venus and Alexa smirked at me, handing me a paper cover so I could sneakily get away with reading it around class. "Thanks Al." I said and she shot me a wink.

I went to school and got there right on time. I forgot my history notes in my locker and my teacher was allowing me to get them. I tried to make the trip quick, fearing I would miss any important or interesting things my teacher was calling out. I like history, I had a lot of fun people in there who actually participated.

I got lost in the words of my book as I walked to my locker, not knowing how to feel about it and that crudely sexual book. An intense moment that brought the heat right to my cheeks. I didn't look up and bumped into a wall that stood in the middle of the empty hallway.

Only, it wasn't a wall. I looked up in shock and jumped when I saw Mr. Grant, automatically closing my book by instinct. "Oh god..." I breathed out. "You scared me." I muttered quietly, almost to myself.

He looked at me suspiciously, the creasing on his forhead visible. "People only get scared when caught doing something they shouldn't be." He said lowly.

I breathed carefully, trying not to clutch the book so tight. "Yeah, I was scared because you caught me reading a book." I said with irony and his eyes narrowed angrily, but he seemed to give up and go calm. I was mostly freaked out because I didn't even expect him around. But the book was also part of it...

"You're face is also very flushed." He observed, his hand coming close to my cheek but I took a step back.

My heart thumped in both confusion and worry. The bits and pieces of the short stories in the book began to consume me and I only felt embarrassed. Then there was the fact that Mr. Grant was about to touch me.

"Okay." Was all I said and I went around him to get to my locker, suddenly becoming nervous and awkward.

"Why aren't you in class?" He asked boredly, leaning against his classroom door frame on the other side of the hallway.