New Years

Hey everyone, I just wanted to apologize for the posting on and off without reason, I've been so busy lately. You know, the helping out with track meets, running, my time consuming internship, my brother had a birthday yesterday and turned 21 and today my other brother is turning 6, so.

Thank you all for being so patient with me, and please enjoy!

- cilla

"Bravo, Diana." Andy admired, eating the chocolate chip waffles I made at his place. We were sitting together on his couch, eating the breakfast I made.

I smiled proudly, sitting back while watching Fight Club. When we finished eating we drank wine. I sat back, staring at him. He was so into the movie, the man who only a few hours ago wore a fancy suit was in pajama pants and a tshirt, his hair messied and his face careless. He looked so relaxed, and I loved it.

When we stopped drinking, I leaned onto him, feeling as he rested his arms around me, still so into the movie.

It was a busy night. Well, busy as in we kept each other quite occupied after the movie was over. We lied together on the couch the same morning, tangled in the tiny space of his couch in his large loft, clothes deposited all over the floor. My phone buzzed and I grabbed it, not waking Andy.

It showed a message from Charlie and my heart dropped. There I was with another man...

You forgot something at my place

I frowned at the bright screen, not being able to remember what it was I forgot and texted back.

What's that?

He replied:

Me

I smiled to myself, then feeling of shame overwhelmed me. I was spending a very romantic night with someone else, sleeping with him afterwards and texting Charlie, reading his sweet jokes he sent. He knew I didn't like mornings, so he often tried to give me very stupid jokes to lighten me up. Half the time it worked, the other half it pissed me off even more. But he tried, and it was something that made me fall in love with him even more.

I didn't know what to say back, but suddenly I missed him. Did I really lack dignity to the point to where I'd up and go after being with Andy straight to Charlie's? Yes. Yes I was a terrible person, and it was getting worse. I needed to start making up my mind, like who was the one I wasn't going to hurt? Well all that was happening at this point was me hurting myself.

I woke Andy up and told him I was leaving. He was a little disappointed but completely understood. He always did. "See you soon, Diana." He told me suggestively and I laughed, kissing him and agreeing.

I went home first. I showered and then layed in bed with my towel on for about an hour fighting with my own mind.

Just don't think about it.

There. I switched my conscience off and now I would do terrible things without thinking terribly about myself!

No, idiot, it's not that simple.

Either way I got up and headed to Charlie's.

New Years was up and me and Charlie were going to his house for Savannah's party. He seemed down. "Don't pout." I told him.

He huffed. "I know, I'm gonna end up enjoying it, but thinking about it is just putting me off."

I gave him the simple advice I took from myself. "Then just don't think about it."

He shrugged, giving it a try and we were on our way.

"Diana, Chance, you're here." Savannah said happily, walking over to us. She hugged me tightly. "Thanks so much, it means a lot." She told me.