Chapter 24

The room was dark. It was late probably around 1 o clock in the morning and Tom still was not back.

Aurora was sitting infront of the fireplace hugging her knees close to her chest desprate for some sort of comfort.

She was in Tom's black jumper, his strong scent invading her senses like an attack making her feel sick the more the scent reminded her of him. What he could be doing.

Her bare legs where starting to feel scorched from behind to close to the fire, the wind whistled down the chimney and through the cracks of the castles window panes.

Aurora scoffed standing up, she couldnt just sit here and wait for him. As she walked over to window to check if it was still storming her feet felt numb as they stayed on the icy floor, outside the thunder roared and lightning cracked,

even the womphing willow seemed to cower down, its branches sinking and hugging its trunk as if it was frightened and in agony.

Aurora sighed closing the large slyhterin green curtains of Tom's room pulling the jumper closer to her body.

She began wandering aimlessly around the room trying to take her mind off what Tom could possibly be doing that was keeping him out so late.

Maybe it was just another meeting with Slughorn that seemed awful frequent to be a plausible excuse now, or he'd lost track of time and was in the library studying.

Or maybe... maybe he was with someone else.. some other girl.

All the girls she knew in her year and probably below and above would walk over hot coals for a chance with Tom.

He really could have anyone one he wanted in the school, he could have multiple and they wouldnt care they'd just be pathetically grateful to have even a slither of his time.

So if so many girls where throwing themselves at him, ready to kiss his feet and literally worship the ground he walked on. Why on earth would he be loyal for her?

Aurora's stomach clenched at the thought, like a weaving viper constricting around her organs forcing her to throw up.

Her eyes clawed for something to distract her mind with the racing thoughts.

She wrapped her arms around her self protectively as her eyes landed on the book still open on the coffee table.

  The book on the coffee table... Aurora walked over to it, finding the intricate swirls on the side awfully familiar. She picked it up curiously closing it to examine the cover. Her heart dropped to her stomach. "Aurora"

Aurora heard Tom say her name, usually the was it rolled off his tounge so smooth like silk made her shiver with delight, but now... now it made her shake with fear.

She couldnt drae her eyes from the title on the front of the book in large swirling gold letters. Secrets of the Dark arts.

"Aurora" Tom repeated and she seemed to jump out of her trance her eyes wide as she stared at Tom silent. Tom's face fell when he saw what she held in her hands, his eyes looked panicked as he began to walk towards her his mouth open as if he as to say something.

"Auro-""stay back!" She commanded pointing her wand at him clutching the book protectively to her chest her hands still shaking.

Tom slowly stepped forward raising his hands up in surrender but continued to approach her as if she was a startled animal.

"Aurora.. it's okay. It's not what it looks like. Let me explain.." Tom stated calmly but his eyes were wide with terror glued to the book.

He wasnt scared she would hex him. He was scared what she would do the book.