Chapter 73

The vast room was stuffy with silence.

So loud the clashing of air particals seemed to ring in Auroras ears. A High pitch ringing echoed of the crystallised chandeliers and the golden Ingraved decorations causing the eery atmosphere to intensify.

She didnt know what was real and what was the engulfing emotion of paranoia toying with her mind. The ballroom seemed like another realm, a space trapped between time and reality were everything was so incredibly still.

She was still on the cold marble floor, everyone has fled but her.

She stared.

Over at the cold lifeless body of the ex minister splayed disturbingly across the polished floor. His skin a ghastly pale like his blood clad shirt, his jaw slack and eyes blown wide as if the horrified expression would constantly be twisted into his face till he rotted away to nothing but bone. But yet even then, his jaw would still hang open in the shocking terror he felt in his last moments.

The glistening of the deep read liquid pooling from his head glinted in the red and blue lights flashing outside as the sounds of Aurors invading the building filled Auroras ears.

She knew she shoukd get up but she couldnt she was frozen to the floor her eyes glued on his own cold dead eyes.

The ringing grew louder, screeching, shrieking, deafening blocking out the shouting of Aurors to muffled murmurs as she watched 4 men dressed in white run in with a stretcher hauling the body onto it hastily.

"Ma'am?" "Ma'am!"

She was snapped from her tranced when the feeling of warm calloused hands encircled her arms hauling her to her feet.

She turned round in slight shock to be face with an young Auror with curling black tendrils and shocking blue eyes hidden by crooked black squared framed glasses.

"Rory?" James voice was antagonised with worry his firm hands holding her in place by her shoulders.

"What are you doing here?" He questioned his voice was barely audible over the noise.

"There.. there was a party..." she tried to piece together the utter chaos that had just happened her gaze thoughtful and distant. Till those shocking verdant eyes snapped onto his filled with alarm.

"James you should leave! There after you there after you and Lily" she panicked grabbing onto the jacket of his uniform.

" what? Who is Rory? Who did this?". She knew Tom said he'd never hurt her friends, but her gut was wrenching in a sickening way- it was much more reliable than him.

"What is those Deatheater scum? Did they do this?" James voice was like a whistling kettle bubbling over with rage.

Auroras mouth went dry, Tom's name was on her tongue desprate to leap from her lips.

She forced it shut swallowing it all the way down to her stomach.

She nodded.

The vein in James forehead became present with anger. "Fuck, we've underestimated them" he cursed.

"Come on, your in no shape to be here. Lets get you gome yeah? Are you alright? Where is Tom?" He asked as he began to lead her through the crowd of officals a secure hand over her shoulders.

"He...he... I don't know" she answered truthfully as they made it out into the bleak weak rain spraying down.

James took off his coat wrapping it around her shoulders as he led her to a car she hadn't seen before.