Chapter 43

Tw: talk of sexual assault throughout

When they appeared in their bedroom Aurora was silent.

The room was cold and dark the only source of light was the crack of the door letting the light from the hallway cast a vertical line that crawled to there feet but seemed to stop as soon as it reached them, cowering back terrified of the unbearbale tension they were creating with there presence.

Tom sucked in a sharp breath looking down at Aurora. His arm was around his waist his other hand clasped tightly to hers.

He was trying to comfort her but to be completely honest he had no idea how to, Aurora was a complicated she was never what she displayed herself in the outside.

For example her sharp tongue and quick temper werent because she was mean or bitter, it was a defensive mechanism like quick firing bullets to tear down her aponinent.

It had been a factor of sly slytherins who took a disliking to her friendship with the gryffindors, who called her vile names and picked on the fact she was an orphan.

Tom always remembered she hated that word, she much preferred a "forcibly independent child". Tom was pretty sure she made that up so she didnt have to say the o word.

There was another defensive mechanism Tom associated with her, she was doing it right now.

It was when her body who'd experience so much pain and sorrow and anger and helplessness that it wouldnt know what to do, most people exploded into breakdowns sobbing and screaming.

But Aurora didnt know how to do that, she never had someone to teach her it was okay to breakdown. She thought due to those snide comments it was much better to be seen as strong, that nothing got to you.

That if you attacked her with the sharpest sword 400 times she still would not bleed.

He stared at her face. Yes she was definitely doing it.

The way her face was completely emotionless, stone cold like marble. Numb. Her posture was rigid and tight her fingers where digging into the fabric of her dress.

She was shaking but not as if she was boiling over with rage shaking. No it was like a compressed bottle, emotions being packed down right with no air bubbles or room to move. She shoved them down in hard pushing it to the loneliness, darkness corner of her mind keep it hidden away in the shadows and cobwebs as the emotions piled up and up till the box was shaking with anticipation to break. She was shaking yet she didnt make a single sound.

But her eyes... her eyes always gave her away. They where like two pieces of glass. Carved and perfectly shaped, shaded just the right shade of green but you could see the obvious cracks in them. The long jagged lines that reminded Tom just how fragile and broken this girl could be. Because behind the fire and the threats and all the arguing. She was just as helpless as he once was.

It confused Tom a little how much they had in common yet they where perfect opposite of one another. I guess he feared that if he could turn Into what he had today what was stopping Aurora?

He didnt want that. He'd cut off his own arm than have that happen to her. He wouldnt let it. No matter how bad things got no matter how much she shouted or screamed he would not let her become like him.

She killed a man today. A disgusting scummy slimy man but still a man.

And killing someone does things to your soul, manipulates it, it gets used to the stinging yet accelerating jolt of the kill. It can become addicting.