Chapter 64

64 64 64 zoo lane!
Sorry I had to do that

"Aurora, you need to calm down"

Regulus said firmly as he backed her up into the walk in hallway to stop her falling to her feet.

"I cant! I have a right to not be calm! I cant be calm- there- there!" her words seemed to fizzle out with her anger and a desperate sense of sadness and anguish washed over her so viciously Regulus could see it in her face as she began to crumble and a small gasp left her lips as her tears began to fall once again making her shake.

"Hey..." Regulus said softly as she sobbed trying to cover her mouth. Regulus put his hand on the side of her cheek pushing her into his shoulder as he held her close as she cried, he could feel her fingertips grazing the sides of his shoulder as his hand held the back of her head rocking her softly as he hushed her.

"I'm sorry Rory" was all he could muster. He knew he should say that it was okay, that she was okay. But that would be a lie.

Aurora was not okay and what had happened to her was not okay either. Regulus could barely imagine how she felt the amount of shit this world had put her through. An orphan, a abuse victim, a sexual assult victim, a hostage.

If he was her he thought he probably would have offed himself by now. He always admired Aurora for her strength and even now when she was wailing gut wrenchingly into his shoulder shaking with anger and drowning sadness.

He still thought of her as strong, because she was still here.

"I- I cant I cant..." she stammered into the fabric of his jacket as she tried to steady her staccato breathes that where more like wheeze. "Why...." was all she  managed  to choke out a sher hands gripped into his back.

"I'm sorry" Regulus whispered petting her head, he pulled her tighter against him his nose pressing firmly into her temple.

"Im sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, im sorry".

He had this horrific  feeling in his stomach like someone had attached a clamp to his Intestines  and was twisting and yanking them in excruciating angles.

His family was responsible for this, his blood.

He could see his mother sat at the top of his dining room table looking cold and crisp her pale bony hands folded infront of her as she hissed quietly at two men wearing black.

He was only 4, Sirius was 5 as they watched from the crack in the doorway what horrors dropped from their mothers mouth.

Sirius had made some silly joke about how mother was secretly a alien spy from another planet that's why she hated them so much because the human race where monsters to her.

He remembered laughing quietly as his older brother grinned down at him wiggling his fingers as he made ghost noises and tried to tickle him.

"BOYS!" they heard their mother bark and the terrifying snappy steps of her pointy shoes so they bolted upstairs still giggling foolishly as they collapsed in Sirius's bed hiding under the blankets and empersonating the funny looking men in black.

Regulus felt sick.

He clutched onto Aurora tighter pushing her head into his shoulder as she whimpered when her throat became to strained to sob any further.

They stood insilence together in the long cold hallway the only sound bouncing off of the walls was Auroras panting breathes.

"Why..." she tried to start but her emotions stopped her like flood gates. "Why w-would they do this? They... they never did anything" Aurora swallowed harshly.