Chapter 74

In the nicest most respectful way possible please refrain on trauma dumping in the chapters. I'm sorry to tell you but no one actually cares about your experiences and they keepy getting me flagged -Lizzie :)

The treacherous nature of love.

How something so binding, so pure imediately distinguishes into something so existence destroying. So extistentially disatrasterous when the one you love is ripped away by the gleaming claws of death.

Mourning is not a strong enough word to describe the mental turmoil Aurora felt those next few weeks.

The lifeless decaying body of Regulus haunted her. Hallucination, nightmares, blurry images. His dull doll like eyes shining with the faintest of tears sliding down his porcelain skin as his spirit ripped from his body escaping to the heavens. Or Hells.

The torment of never knowing were he truly was.

What was death? What did it mean?

Aurora knew what it meant for her, a brawl in self agony for eternity until she would be reunited with Regulus.

To be soothed by his words, to hear his laugh that made the dimple on the left side of cheek show, to be incomprehendably understood by someone right down to the cracks of your soul.

But what did it mean for Regulus? Were was he? Was he at peace was he in pain or was he just a rotting carcass locked away in a box? The ambiguity was torture.

The funeral was in an hour.

How was one meant to get ready for a brothers funeral?

No one had told her, no one had showed her.

She wore black, her hair lay dead and flat so Tom had swept it out of her face in a braid.

She had chosen her pointiest, most uncomfortable black heels that were cutting into her foot as she stood. A part of her felt the need to punish her self for the Regulus's death. She would not let him suffer alone.

"Sunshine?" The door of the master bedroom had creaked open, moody dull light from the greying clouds outside cascading onto Toms's figure.

She was sitting on the sofa staring down at the pool of cold tea in her cup.  She didnt speak.

Tom cleared his throat to try and clear the thick smog of despair in the air.

"I'm not coming to the funeral" he said softly.

She paused. Not uttering a word but her posture spoke 'why?' .

"I cant be seen there love. He betrayed me. I'm sorry. I won't stop you from going I know you loved him" he said.

"The Malfoys will escort you, they will be here within the hour". She hummed, monotoned and robotic.

Tom shifted uncomfortably. Her demeanour made him uncomfortable. Her stillness her lack of spirit. At night it was like lying next to a corspe sometimes he would place his hand on her chest to reassure himself she was still breathing.

He, in a hurry came to her crouching infront of her and prying the cold drink from her hands clutching them.

"Aurora" he murmured. He couldn't see her eyes. Only the sharp black angled brows that hid them. "Aurora look at me darling" he whispered tipping her head gently towards him.

"There's my girl..." he utterly masking his startledness at her deep soulless glance. Gleaming and dull like a doll.

His mouth opened but no sound came out before he could try to form words to her.