Chapter 71

Tom was able to convince Aurora to let him carry her up the stairs, due to fact she couldn't even walk.

He brought her up to the bathroom and ran the water of the tub to scrub the blood off.

"This doesn't change anything" she mumbled viciously as she sat in the toilet seat watching as Tom prepared the water.

Tom heard her slight whisper but he didnt know if it was meant as a jeer to him or a reminder to herself.

So now Aurora lent back in the chest height hot water steaming up the mirrors in the bathroom as Tom ran a cloth stained with crimson across her bloody collar bones.

Neither of them muttered a word the only sound was the slight splash of the water rippling over Auroras skin.

She didnt look at him her eyes where glued to the wall infront of her.

He didnt look at her his eyes glued to the wash cloth trailing over her skin.

She hated this.

Him being close, acting like he cared for her. She didnt like how strangely comforting the moment was. How she enjoyed the smell of his cologne,how she listened to the soft in and out of his breaths, how she didnt flinch at the velvet pads of his fingertips.

she tried to remind herself the reason his hands where so soft. He had never done a days work in his life, never lifted finger. He always was able to mold his words into swords to threaten other to do his bidding. Turning their brains into his own little computer to programme.

  She didnt like the idea that Tom might be using this as a time to convince himself she was still in love with him. She needed him to know she hated him.

She wanted him to hate her. 

"I hurt myself to make it look like you did it. I was going to go to Leech. Tell him you'd been beating me" she said her voice steady like a heart beat.

Tom didn't say anything for a moment but he didnt stop cleaning the blood from her body, the water had now turned a murky pink.

"I know" he finally said his voice just as straight to the point as hers.

She wanted a reaction.

"I was framing you"

"I know" he repeated.

She clenched her jaw trying to contain her anger at his reaction being so small it was minute.

"I hate you" she seethed the words leaving her mouth like poison, its intent to harm the man beside her.

For him to shout, snap even just flinch.

But his didnt.

"I know" he repeated.

She took in a sharp breath "I hope Karma Is real. Because the universe will rip you apart limb by limb and watch you bleed out on your own carpet... and I'll watch. Smiling" she spotted the words like they where bullets.

Tom's hand stopped moving but no reaction was present on his face.

He finally snapped out of his short pause and set the cloth down, slowly he raised his head.

His eyes weren't threatening not angering. Simply just there, emotionless. Dark and mysterious hiding any hint of human emotion.

"Karma isnt real. It's not scientifically proven" he stated matter of factly.

Aurora leaned forward her hand wrapping around the edge of the bath, her face was morfed into a furious sneer.

"But death is."