Chapter 58

"Why are we here?"

Regulus quietly staring at the sign outside of the large building.

They where sitting in the car park staring up at the tall grimey white block. the whole place seemed off, everything was a strange dull.

The hospitals walls were chipped and gravel fell from the white wash stone revealing the ugly grey brick underneath, the windows were long and narrow and reminded Aurora of a church, she could see a staircase circling up them from inside. There was a large clock tower to the left but the clock only added to the heavy silence as it did not even give them a millisecond of relief to tick.

There were wicked twisting oak trees surrounding the property that even in the height of summer the leaves where dull and droopy. Some people wondered around in white what looked like pyjamas. Some where making wild hand gestures into the air shouting inaudible insults while other sat in quiet corners huddling close into themselves. Around the where a few other people In light blue scrubs tending to the patients.

"I... I'll tell you if I'm right Reg but right now, I just need you to trust me" Aurora said.

Regulus looked over to her "you can't seriously want to send Tom to a muggle mental asylum?" He hissed.

Aurora sighed. "Tom's mind works logically, he doesnt feel emotion he looks for science and knowledge to tell him what to do. Asking him to stop because I want him to is as useless as a fishing rod without bait. That what I've been doing wrong, i always take the emotional route because that's what appeals to me. But Tom's doesn't feel empathy. I need... I need to appeal to his logical thinking.... so if I get a diagnosis..."

"a diagnosis! For what? He isn't sick!" Regulus asked astonished.

Aurora took in a deep breath "antisocial personality disorder" she murmured.

Regulus looked at her strangely not recognizing what she was saying. She looked over catching into Regulus's soft brown eyes.

"I think... I think Tom might be a psychopath, like not as an exaggeration or an insult... I... I really think he suffers from psychosis..." she explained soflty unable to tell how Regulus would react to such accusations being made against his boss.

"Aurora...." he started quietly.

"I... I know Tom isn't an angel and you dont agree with his actions but... but I dont think he's sick" he tried to reason.

Aurora sighed frustrated tugging in the roots of her hair. "You don't understand Reg, you have seen the full wack of it. You only see what Tom let's you i see...I've seen everything" she sucked in a breath.

"You haven't seen that look he gets in his eyes when he's angry or- or enjoying something he really shouldn't... theres something not right... Regulus it's not normal to be able to kill someone with no remorse" she murmured her eyes where full of fear.

Reguluss still looked at her with an unconvinced glow in his eyes. "Aurora I dont-"

"Reg please" she begged grabbing his hand tightly. She looked at him and his heart almost broke from seeing the cracks in her face.

Literal cracks in the form of tired lines creasing her young skin. The mask she wore every day, the witty charismatic independent women who wore her beliefs with pride and didnt give a fuck what anyone else said was all an act.

Becuase below there was a little girl terrified of her own feelings for such a horrible man lurking below peeking out through the brittle porcelain.

"Dont make me watch him turn himself into a monster any longer" she said hoarsely.

Regulus pressed his lips together and paused his eyes looking torn. "Alright" he sighed Aurora looked relieved.