chapter 15

Aurora had heard Tom leave with the loud  crackling snap of an apparition spell.

That was 9 hours ago.

Now it was dark and the stars where prominent in the sky. Aurora was out in the balcony watching the silver stars glimmering above her.

They contrasted perfectly with the night sky as she picked out the patterns and pictures laying among them that she learnt when she was little.

She let out a small laugh when she saw the shape of a dog around the star sirius.

  Aurora always thought the Regulus star looked as if it was connected to a swan. Rather fitting for Regulus she thought. Elegant and graceful in a unusually unique way. It could be feared but its purity made it beautiful.

She always admired how the Black's kept the traditions of naming their children after stars. It was one of the only things she liked about that family.

She had read once what her name meant. In Latin it means Dawn hence Tom's annoying nickname for her sunshine.

It was also the name of the Roman godness of the dawn. The goddess had fallen inlove with a mortal, the prince of Try Tithonus. She had asked  Jupiter to grant him immortality so the two lovers could be together forever. But she had failed to mention eternal youth. So Tithonus grew so old he could not move his limbs and desperate to free her love rod his pain Aurora turned his into a cidada.

How she wish she could turn Tom into a freakishly large bug too.

But she had done some further research into it, desprate to prove Tom wrong and found Aurora was also a natural phenomenon which is characterised by a display of a natural-coloured (green, red, yellow or white) light in the sky. It is a light show which is caused when electrically-charged particles from the sun collide with particles from gases such as oxygen and nitrogen present in the Earth's atmosphere.

When she told Tom that she was even more irritated when he finished her sentence, saying it was adorable she thought she could tell him something he didnt already know.

She let her thoughts drift from her rather evil soon to be husband to other thoughts letting them come and go as her eye floated across the dark landscape.

《《《°•°•°○●○°•°•°》》》

Tom was standing outside the door. The hard mahongy glinting before his eyes in the dark.

None of the candles where lit except for a few stray in the hall that he had put out as he walked down them.

Tom had been told countless times by visitors and "friends" that the paintings could be rather disturbing at night. That their eyes seemed to glow like fire flies in the dark there pupils following you're every move.

Tom found concerning amounts of pleasure in this fact that simple humans could be scared of a bit of paint a paper. It reminded him he was superior.

What did not remind him that he was superior and actually tore down his ego slightly was the fact he had been stalling behind this door for the past 12 minutes deciding whether to dare step foot into the room and face Auroras wrath or not.

But unfortunately he had been in this situation countless of time before with the same women and he knew it was far more dangerous to put it off it would only fuel her anger.

But yet he was still hesitant to open the door.

His hands where growing clammy agianst the cold brass of the knob. Internally he scolded himself for being such a wimp and turned the knob in a fit of frustration opening the door slowly.