Chapter 45

The night was colder than the rest, it had been nearly a month since the news artical came out and the paparazzi had ceased to leave them alone.

Their antics to pry information and secrets from them continued and seemed even more vigorous.

It was late but as summer was beginning to break through spring's barriers the top half of the sun lingered over the ever green hills surrounding the manor letting the land sit in a dim amber.

Tom was sitting on a large rock  beside the lake, his sleeves where rolled up due to the hotter weather, hair slightly tossled from the breeze.

It was the only time they could be outside, the paparazzi had gotten merciless and that they both agreed it would be best to stay in the grounds to stop themselves being trampled.

He watched Aurora at the waters edge her shin length navy sun dress ruffling with the wind, her hair was in a loose bun that hung lowly off the base of her head.

She bent down picking up a few flat stones and threw one across the still silvery plain and watched as the stone bounced 5 times creating groups of ripples as it went.

Tom stood up walking towards her, he hesitated for a moment. Aurora had noticed he hadnt been as affectionate since Edward, she had tried to reassure him it was okay for him to touch her and it didn't scare her any more but he was still reluctant.

But he slipped his hands around her waist from the back pulling her shoulders against his chest and laying  his head in the curve of her neck.

"What are you doing?" He chuckled looking at the soft moving lines in the water the stone had disturbed.

"Skimming rocks" she answered running her thumb over the other rocks in her hand, her other tracing the cold metal of Tom's ring on the hand around her stomach.

"Its a muggle thing" She said and felt Tom wrinkle is nose in the corner of her neck.

"Try it" she asked turning round in his hold and pushing the stone into his hand.

He looked down at it a hint of disgust in his features. "Muggles are so easily entertained its pathetic" he mumbled.

Aurora laughed loudly "I think it's cute do you know on halloween they all wear masks in attempt to scare away ghosts and bad luck?" She giggled.

Tom raised an eyebrow at her the side of his lip up turned slightly. "And you don't think that's pathetic?" He asked in disbelieve.

Aurora shook her head pressing the stone further into his hand then pulling him closer to the water. "Come on, try it" "no.. Aurora..." he groaned but Aurora pushed him closer.

"Go on" she urged. Tom glared at her sighing loudly, he looked down at the stone. He lifted his hand up and threw it far off into the water will a loud plop.

Aurora snorted "not like that you knob" she laughed handing him another stone.

Tom's face contorted with cofusion "did you just call me a knob?" He asked "yes I did, now throw it like a frisbee" "what the fuck Is a frisbee?" "Really Tom? And Muggles are the pathetic ones?"  Aurora teased "Oh shove off just show me what to do" he said rolling  his eyes.

Aurora grabbed another flat stone from the ground and made a disk motion with her hand before throwing it and the they watched it skim over the waters surface.

"Flick your wrist" she instructed. Tom tried again being reluctant but Aurora could see he was actually dedicated to do it right, Tom was always very competitive.

He threw the stone and it successfully skimmed over the water 3 times. "And what was the point in that?" Tom asked amused.

"Its entertaining" Aurora smirked turning to him and  running her hands up his biceps to his shoulders.