chapter 10

When the girls finally got home, Tom was no where to be seen.

Aurora figured he'd gone to 'work' but she knew deep down he was away committing some sort of sinister act or plotting to.

It made Auroras skin squirm to know technically there was nothing she could do to stop him. To help him.

Aurora had been sitting in the lounge the fire crackling behind its guard and a few stray candles keeping the room at a dim light.

Domminc and Narcissa had left after dinner leaving Aurora to read the book she had been flicking through for the past hour.

But no matter how hard she tried she couldnt concentrate on the ink print, the words seemed to just murge together creating wiggling lines.

Her mind was still racing from what had been spoken about in the coffee shop earlier that day.

For the past hour memories she wishes would disappear had been flowing through her brain like a video tape the muggles had.

She had been desperately trying to build up the walls that had taken years to construct to keep those memories at bay. But they had broken through like an enchanting spell, capturing her attention.

Controlling her thoughts.

It was another cold night and the drafts that flowed through the castle did not help keep the bitterness of the freezing weather away.

Judging by how deserted the castle halls where Aurora had guessed it was close to 2 o clock in the morning.

She had been wondering around the hallways for the past half an hour looking for a certain boy with a cold scowl and hard hazel eyes.

She had been in his room where she usually would wait for him, till she fell asleep and only woke when he slipped in beside her apologising profusely and planting small kisses down her arm.

He always refused to answer Auroras questions and when he did his answers where vague and snappy. Telling her to go to sleep and stop whining.

Anytime she had got anywhere near finding out where he went off to till the deepest hours of the night he would make up a different lie as soon as she worked up the courage to confront him.

It usually ended up in another heated arguement. screaming, crying, yelling. And Aurora was sick of it, she deserved to know what was going on and she was going to find out.

She had already checked the great hall, DADA classroom, the abandoned prefect bathroom and Tom's pathetic friends dorms.

The only other place Aurora could think of was the room of requirements. She was pacing outside the blank wall concentrating on what she needed. She needed to find Tom.

Finally a door appeared in the wall of dark oak wood. Aurora gulped, she was scared terrified even of what Tom's reaction would be.

But she couldnt take this anymore. She had to know.

Slowly she began to open the door as silently as possible and a dim candle light spilt out of the room.

The gap in the door widened and Auroras eyes widened when she saw the silhouette of 6 or 7 men including Malfoy and Regulus and 2 women she recognized as Narcissa and Bellatrix Black all standing in black infront of the roaring fire.

At at the back, where everyone's attention lay was Where Tom stood his hands clasped behind his back.

"She will die tomorrow night" Tom drawled.