Chapter 30

Warning: mild graphic violence

Aurora woke with a splitting head ache. It felt like somebody had picked up a beaters bat and whacked over the head with it multiple times.

She groaned as she sat up the bright light streaming from the open curtains added to the piercing ache, she tried to lift her hand to shield her eyes but let out another groan of pain as she tried to move it, it hurt twice as much as her head.

She tried to cuss In pain but found her throat hoarse and burning slightly. "What the fuck?" She croaked under her breath whincing as she swung her legs out of the bed standing up shakily clutching her head.

She sighed in frustration as she saw the clock read it was nearly 2.30 in the afternoon. She stumbled into the bathroom and racked the shelf in Hope's to find a pain relief potion.

She heard the door of the bedroom open "Aurora?" Tom called.

"In here" she replied coughing a little after raising her voice. Tom appeared in the door way looking annoyed.

"Why arent you in bed?" He demanded. "Cause it's nearly 2.30" she stated simply her voice still breaking going back to rummaging through the cabinet.

"So? Go back to bed" Tom ordered. Aurora wasnt listening, she let out a little 'ah' as she found the bottle of pain relief and downed it.

The burning in her throat ceased and her head felt a tad lighter. Tom continued to babble on

"if you dont rest your going to damage your cranial nerves and potentially ripna hole in your voice box" Tom lectured standing up straighter from the door frame he'd been leaning on.

Aurora hummed absent mindedly to herself as she put the bottle back and pulled out her tooth brush and paste. She heard what he was saying but was pretending she wasnt. It was entertaining to wind him up.

"Are you even listening to me?" He sighed crossing him arms. Aurora stopped humming "sure I am professor" she smirked as she put the toothbrush in her mouth Tom rolled his eyes.

"Amusing" he drawled. Aurora spat out the toothpaste wiping her mouth "it was just a panic attack Tom, it's not that big a deal" she brushed off.

Tom groaned at her dissmisve tone "yes, but it was your first one, that I'm aware of and it was pretty drastic, you where shaking most of the night when the draught of peace wore off" he stated.

Aurora paused a second "I'm fine Tom" she answered "plus how would you know about healing anyways?" She asked spinning round, she whinced as her head banged slightly.

Tom's frown grew when he saw the whince he nearly reached out but quickly recomposed himself. "I'm smart that's how" Tom said bluntly.

Aurora rolled her eyes "always so humble arent you" she said pushing past him "truth hurts darling" he smirked as she pulled out some clothes, Tom followed her into the room.

"Go back to bed" he said again. Aurora sighed grumpyily looking back up at him from the drawers.

"No, go mind your own bussiness" she said her tone determined. Tom's face was blank a she walked closer to her.

"Go to bed" "no" "yes" "no" "yes" Aurora bit her tounge not to scream at him in fear of damaging her weak vocal cords. "No" she growled.

"Yes" "No!" Tom fell silent his face still blank.

"Yes"

Aurora hissed through her teeth picking up her clothes aggressively and shoved past him to the bathroom. Well tried.