Chapter 54

Aurora walked quickly through the cool garden of Riddle manor.

She forced herself not to cry. She would not cry.

She clutched the last minute bag in her hand tightly so the handle bruised into her skin distracting her mind from the heavy decisions it was having to make with the small jolt of pain.

She couldnt apparate pregnant so she walked to the car, Tom wouldnt be needing it.

She started to drive, she didnt know where she was going as the rain began and belted down on the glass in slashing sheets but she continued to drive.

Her hands twisted the steering wheel instinctively looping through twisting lanes till the busy city street began to become sparse and replace with greener grand trees.

She took another sharp turn down a deserted country road and the rain seems to die down a little as she came to a stop.

She kept her gaze focused in the middle of the steering wheel.

She didnt want to look up. Why was she even here? What was the point it would only bring back painful memories.

She didnt really know why she was here. maybe a part of her was looking for a grasp of hope that it could potentially be alright, even for a little while. She wanted her son to be around where she had grown up, just so he could know what was the right way and wrong way to treat people.

Just so he wouldnt end up like his father. 

But she grabbed at her courage at the bottom of her stomach forcing herself to look up at the sight before her.

The house was never cleared, the site abandoned by the council. No one knew how the fire started. On the little lane where nothing out of the ordinary No one ever had the stomach to clear away and forget what had happened to Annie and Freddie Blossom.

It felt wrong to move on and ignore the screams as the neightbours panicked to try put out the fire and call the authorities.

In the end they where only able to get out their 5 year old daughter out of the flames. But they had to stand and watch as the house caved in, blinded by the fires.

Aurora remembered that night as if it was an hour ago. Clutching to Mrs Brimstone's shoulder as she carried her away from the house. Her skin felt hot and sticky her eyes where stinging and her chest raw from screaming.

But she was still screaming. The child kept screaming for her mummy and daddy to come back. To not leave her.

Aurora looked away from the black wood that remained of the house lying in sorrisome piles of over grown shrub, the remains of what her life used to be.

She fought back her tears as glimpses of broken memories flashed before her eyes.

She remembered the Rose's her mother use to keep in the back garden, and how her bedroom walls where flakey with diffrent coloured layers of paint in the corners becuase she pleaded her father to paint them again every month when she grew tiresome of the colour. Her room had been a pale orange when it burnt down.

She remembered their dog, though she couldnt recall the name she remembered his soft floppy ears like velvet and how mum used to shout at him to get his muddy paws off the powder blue sofas in the conservatory. She remembered her mothers beautiful bright green eyes and her fathers one crooked tooth that stood out when he smiled or laughed.

He laughed so much he had rather deep smile lines.

But most of all... she remembered their screams.