Chapter 57

Aurora only slept when Tom finally went away, she woke up a few hours later and was unable to consume herself in her slumber any longer.

Questioned tithered at her brain causing it to buzz. Over the  hours she had realized that simply shouting and rejecting Tom would never have an impact.

And so she began to develop a new plan, she had to dismantle him. Like a clock she had to pull apart all of the clogs till that blasted clock never ticked again.

And so She had two new ambitions she had to discover.

One to find out why Tom was not dead. She had considered the horcruxes, but she had done reading on them in secret during the nights in the manor still trying to remove the ring.

It always failed.

But she knew that if someone was killed whom which a horcrux belonged to the physical body of the human would die and only their soul lives on free to latch onto a willing body.

Yet Tom's physical body was still intact. She didnt know how or why but as she replayed the vows over and over in her head a hypothesis began to form.

And do you promise never to conflict any pain purposely on your wife or children.

It was a complicated idea with a lot of room for error but it was better than nothing. And potentially if she was correct it could help her end Tom's ludicrous plans... with the right strategy.

The second thing she have to solve was what was the peculiar clear substance on the brick at the ruins of her house.  It had been still lurking in the bottom of her bag now it sat in her hands as she stared down it.

It was like clear dried glue glinting in the mornings early hours and the suns Ray's trickling in from behind the curtains.

She sat up tall when she heard a timid knock on the door. "Aurora?" Regulus asked quietly.

"Are you awake? I-I brought you breakfast...its your favorite, toast with jam, lemon curd, marmalade and butter un little triangle like what you did when you were little... remember?"

With a little pop the tray of food appeared on the table beside the door. Aurora smiled soflty to herself when she saw the toast and went to pick up the plate.

It was a habit she had picked up from Remus when they where at school. Her mind visited a distant memory in those few silent seconds. After all it was a full moon last week.

"Where is he?" Aurora demanded jumping up from Sirius's bed as soon as the 3 boys walked in.

Tonight was one of the worst ones. Lily and Aurroa wanted to help, so so badly but Sirius and James locked them in the dorm despite Auroras very graphic threats.

Lily said something about protective boyfriends. Aurora had wrinkled her nose slightly at that comment, she had never really got use to referring to Sirius black as her boyfriend.

Lily and Aurora had sat on Sirius's bed nervously and impatiently for the boys return. Every now and then they'd flinch at a agonizing howl that came from the dark woods behind them and they'd leap to their feet trying to peer out into the gloomy night to spot their friends and try to ease the lump of nerves in their stomachs.

"Is he okay? Is remus okay?" Lily asked anxiously quickly running to james arms checking for injures.

"I want to know where he is!" Aurora commanded forcefully. Sirius looked at his girlfriend pitifully, he knew that look.

The look of hard determination on her face that to most people would be seen as stubborn rebellion and only that but to him he could see it in her eyes how sick with nerves she felt.