birthday

Hook line and sinker (lws):
ITS NOT THAT I DONT WANT THEM TO KISS BECAUSE THEY KISSED ON NEW YEARS SO OF COURSE HES THINKING ABOUT IT AND THEN SHE HAS TO GO AND ASK WHAT HE WISHED FOR AND yeah

It's his birthday! And the weather is shit. Thunder and lightning? No thanks.

But he seems to be enjoying himself.

They have tentative dinner plans because he knew she'd be working (writing) (some art, too) and she knew he'd be doing some family things, etc.

Theo is notorious for losing track of time and that's exactly what happens; the boy finds himself sneaking in through the kitchen window. He makes sure to shut it tight because of the rain that's about to start. There are clouds of mist hanging over everything, the humidity in the air almost palpable. Theo is in the office sitting at her drafting table, laptop open and playing ponyo while she's tracing something.

Her glasses are sliding down her nose and her hair is a ridiculous mess on top of her head. Lucas notices the pens strewn over the desktop, some were felt tipped and others were ink, there were also at least three pencils and an eraser, a mini ruler also adding to the mix. He watches as she crumples a piece of paper and throws it in the wastebasket without looking. Of course, the window was open- but only because she had a candle and incense burning. Extra caution. He was trying to place the scent when she glanced over at him. Her eyes widened as his lips pulled up in a smirk and he leaned against the door frame.

"how are you so quiet when you're so big- it doesn't make sense." she mutters, pushing her glasses up her nose and putting the pen down so she can stand up. She stretches her arms over head and ends up yawning, the oversized sweatshirt rising above her thighs to reveal plaid boxer shorts. He can smell her shampoo from the doorway, taking a few more steps in to meet her. She walks right into his arms and lets out a big breath, head against his chest. "Hi," he smells slightly of boy but mostly like the humidity from outside.

"Hi, beauty." he presses a quick kiss to her head, noting that it's still damp from a shower. She jumps at the same time there's a flash of lightning. His hold tightens for a moment before she pulls back to look up at him, wide eyed.

"It's your fucking birthday." he smiles, nodding.

"It's my fucking birthday." she grips his shirt.

"I have something for you." she lets go of him and makes her way to the closet and proceeds to pull out a medium sized bag. I think it's a bunch of stuff that she's been just collecting for him. Things that he's definitely forgotten that he liked or wanted. And there's at least 4 separate things. New earrings, definitely. Maybe a chain/pendant. Probably at least one gag gift. And something else that's sweet and super thoughtful. He's nearly speechless. How did she remember all this? How did she know?

They'd migrated to the living room and were on the couch, the tv on in the background while they watched the storm outside. She's sat next to him, crouching like a little gremlin and playing with his fingers. He doesn't mind, can't complain when she's this close to him. He just wishes he could kiss her.